Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nice pictures Denise. The donkey is hilarious!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    What is the departure place/time and distance for the 5th? Maybe I can get there...
    Spazz -
    When Robyn & I talked on Saturday, we thought it made sense to decide on the location for Saturday's ride after we found out who was going to play.

I'd prefer a start time between 9 and 9:30 - but of course I can compromise...

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I just checked with my roomie... she's doing real well and said "Go, go... please go!" I'm not sure if that was excitement or a reflection on my nursing skills

So... I'm in. I know how to get to N. Andover (20 min or so from me) but any other place, I'll need directions please. And whatever time y'all decide on is fine with me.

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Those beach pictures looked really good, Denise. How long would it take to do that ride from your place? I really would like to be back by noon or 1.

So... I'm in.
    Excellent! So far it's you (coming from Medford), me (North Andover), Robyn (Boxborough), and Jean / newfsmith (Norwood). In other words, we're coming from all over the place!

Anyone else going to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    Those beach pictures looked really good, Denise. How long would it take to do that ride from your place? I really would like to be back by noon or 1.
    Beverly is about 17 or 18 miles from my house using the route I took yesterday, but there were large chunks of road that were fairly heavily traveled - so I'm not sure that everyone would be happy on those roads. They were OK on a holiday, but I'm not so sure about a regular weekend day. Hitting the coast from my house either involves riding on roads with more cars, or riding a longer distance than we probably want to go. (As in, I have a ride to Newburyport that I like, but it's a 50 mile round trip...) I'll take a look at my biking map when I get home tonight to see if I can come up with a different route that hits the coast.

It's funny, but I've really noticed a huge difference in the roads around my place and yours. It seems like from your house you can get right out on nice back roads, and when I leave from my house I have to spend more time getting to the nice back roads. But I'm happy to ride where ever we come up with a good route, whether it starts from my place or someplace else.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

Denise, how about riding up through Andover, N. Andover, into Boxford Georgetown... I used to know a route, can't think of it. Part was on 133, 97 but you may know the quieter roads.

I'll see if I can find my old route maps...

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Denise, how about riding up through Andover, N. Andover, into Boxford Georgetown... I used to know a route, can't think of it. Part was on 133, 97 but you may know the quieter roads.

I'll see if I can find my old route maps...

spazz
    Yup, I ride there all of the time. It's funny, but as I was driving home tonight I was thinking of roads through North Andover, Boxford, Georgetown, etc. that we could ride on Sunday. So I guess we're on the same wavelength. As long as we don't try to hit the coast, I think I can come up whatever length ride we'd like on some reasonable roads.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

It's really pretty around there... I'm sure you will lead us well.

As I haven't ridden much (at all) since California, I'd be up for 20-30 at an easy pace. If I'm low balling it too much for everyone elses taste let me know.
    I can go as far as I can go, and head back on my own if necessary since I'm halfway familiar with the area.

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

...As I haven't ridden much (at all) since California, I'd be up for 20-30 at an easy pace.
    spazz
    25 to 30 miles sounds good to me - I'll plan on a longer ride for Saturday. As far as speed goes, I think my normal pace is an easy pace. (Is that a nice way to say I'm no speed demon?)

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

Cool!

So, who's comin'?

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Right now, I think it's you, me, Robyn, and possibly Jean (newfsmith), she tentatively said yes but I think she had to reschedule something.

Anyone else out there?
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 05-31-2005 at 05:02 PM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

count me in for Sunday

You may even get to meet Honeybee, if the weatherpeople are right. When & Where?

The back roads around you sound fine. I figured the coast would be too long of a trip for just the AM. Plus, I am doing 50 or 60 on Sat., so 25 is fine. Yes, you are right Denise. The reason we stay in Boxborough is we can get right out on nice roads, without much traffic. Even though I would like to be closer to the city and we actually go in a lot, I like the cycling around here too much. Just driving closer to Boston upsets me!

My ride yesterday was really gorgeous; perhaps we all can plan to do it together during the summer. It's 50 miles. I will be at your house at 9, if that is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by newfsmith
    You may even get to meet Honeybee, if the weatherpeople are right. When & Where?
    Honeybee? Is that your bike's name?

Sounds like my place in North Andover as the starting point for our ride this Sunday. Robyn suggested 9 as a meeting time - but I think you have the furthest distance to drive, so let us know if a little later would work better for you. I actually get my hair cut in Norwood, and it usually takes a little less than an hour to drive there - I think it's about 40 miles.

Robyn - you know how to get here.
    Spazz & newfsmith - I'll PM you with directions.

Does 9 work as a starting time? 9:30?

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    My ride yesterday was really gorgeous; perhaps we all can plan to do it together during the summer. It's 50 miles. I will be at your house at 9, if that is OK.
    That was your ride through Groton and up into a little bit of New Hampshire, right? I'd love to do that one at some point during the summer.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com