Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Party Pardee

Party Pardee

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello Women, the Sacramento Bike Hikers Party Pardee ride is now open. Yes it's the same weekend as Cinderella, and fills up just as fast......

http://ppc.bikehikers.com/

Sat April 4th.

See ya!
    nanc

I'm in...yahoo! I missed out last year as registration filled up very quickly.

I'm in too, and my guy. It'll be our first 'organized ride' together.

Uh oh...ummmm, only 8 days til this ride?!?! Geez, I have less than 200 miles under my belt for the season so far. With work, snow, road sand, etc...well, there's really no excuse, but I haven't had many opportunities to ride in 2009. This is going to be a big challenge! I'm looking forward to it but I'm feeling very unprepared.

Just pray for no wind -- ha ha! That is always the bane of this ride . . .

Hope you have fun!

I'm not in any shape for it yet, either. I have the same excuse as RolliePollie.

I'm going to bookmark the club, though. You're only about... 2 hours... from here. I could probably make an evening or afternoon ride.

I really hope the wind decides to die down for you. These are high wind speeds for the past week, taken from a residential area in Folsom. I'd suspect they are higher in the more rural/unprotected areas where Party Pardee goes:

March 26: 44mph
    March 27: 16mph
    March 28: 20mph
    March 29: 52mph
    March 30: 25mph
    March 31: 17mph
    April 1: 42mph

So far today, "only" 23mph. Sigh . . . Luckily, the rain is supposed to hold off 'til Monday now.

How'd y'all do? Good I hope! My riding buddy and I had a great ride today. I'm really pleased with how I felt considering it's so early in the season. We certainly weren't speed demons or anything, but we average 13.5 mph and we were on the bike for 4 hours & 52 minutes. Plenty long enough for my out of shape body!

I think we really lucked out on the weather. It was FREEZING (literally) this morning, but it turned into a super nice day. The wind wasn't bad at all considering how it's been lately. And I enjoyed the course a lot. Very pretty this time of year with everything super duper green and lush! The climbs were not as hard as I was expecting, which is always a good thing. I'll definitley plan to do this one again next year!

Yay! I'm so glad you had a great ride. I was thinking of you today and so glad the weather was nice for you.

New development since Saturday night...Poison Oak <insert multiple bad words here>!!!

It's only on my lower legs, which is lucky I suppose. I guess that's what you get for hiking into the bushes to take off your baselayer shirt. I hope I got all the oil off my shoes...I put on gloves and cleaned them with windex.

Itch itch, scratch scratch.

oh crud ... owie !!!!

take care!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl