Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They Just Don't Get It - Part the Second

To disable ads, please log-in.

So we have a young man here from Korea on a 3 month work assignment who went to Austin for 2 days. He brought me a postcard and told me he had been in Austin to which I replied (very tongue-in-cheek...ya'll know my warped humour) Austin??...Lance Armstrong lives in Austin, that's a dream trip for cyclists who hope to get a chance to just see Lance riding around.

The poor young man looked at me very blankly and said "that's nice"!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

apparently there was a radio spot this weekend that said:

you might be a cyclist if an afternoon ride involves leaving your zip code.

I figure with bigger cities we needed to change that to:

you might be a cyclist if an afternoon ride involves leaving your zip code, township, city, county, area code, and/or your state!

and this mornings very upclose and personal observation:

you might be a redneck cyclist if you use foul languague during extreme situations!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I'd rather admit to having a potty mouth than redneck tendencies!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.