Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Seems the general rule of thumb, is to eat so that you feel approx. 80% full per meal. Especially true for dinner where one would be burning the least amount unless you're doing a 50+ kms. ride after supper.

I seem to break that rule too many times. Of course, I drink alot of tea throughout the day.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I have a high metabolism, get hungry fast, and am a creature of habit. So what works for me is to eat often and light, and follow routine. If I buy a latte on my way to work 3 days in a row I have a new habit, and can't imagine what I did without it. If I drink green tea and a couple of wholegrain biscuits once I get to work, that's my new habit instead. I can pass the latte place without blinking an eyelid. Getting used to being hungry is not an option, it drives me nuts.

So I try to stock up on stuff that is healthy, and only fattening if I take the time to make it like muffins or cake or something, and keep sweets and munchy stuff just out of the house. Or that will be what hits my mouth when I'm grazing after a ride. I buy cookies to have with coffee weekend mornings, but don't buy them til the end of the week. I buy candy I don't like for my son
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Cake is fattening?
    Say it isn't so!

Choc cake is not fattening.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Cake worth eating is fattening
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

One time I convinced a friend that if you freeze fattening foods such as candy bars or cake a chemical reaction occurs which decreases or at times eliminates that fat content in the particular food. I started to rattle off a bunch of technical jargon and she believed me. I wish it was true.

I eat alot. people who have hung around and observed my eating habits over a few days remark how i should be obese. It gets worse during certain times of my monthly cycle. If i don't eat when I should, tummy growls and I get gastric pains for real, then I'm just miserable (coz the pain gets worse when u eat from the gas and the bloating). So I snack alot (in terms of quantity), eat wholegrains, lots of fruit and vegetables, very little sugary foods, try to eat less fried food. I don't eat much meat. As it is I will only put on weight if I get really sedentary because I am too busy to go walking or exercising. (I did in the last one year, so i'm trying to lose weight by exercising more) But I can't not eat because if i'm hungry I can't do anything else except think about food.. So yup. Lots of wholegrain stuff/ fresh fruit/ veggies/ boiled eggs. I still eat junk but I have food preservative allergies, so i can't eat alot of the things I really like, so that helps. I just need to control the carbs such as rice and noodles, which are really predominant around here. oh and yes drink alot of water. seems like a combination of all the tips given so far!

If I get a craving for something bad: chips, chocolate, etc. I'll let myself have a small amount of whatever that is rather than try to suppress the craving. If I try and suppress it, I end up munching on everything else in the house until I finally give in. This way I end up eating less overall.

This author's book about mindful eating is worth reading.

Pam