Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New owner of Terry x-bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am one of the first customers to purchase Terry's new cross bike. I bought it back in early/mid January as soon as it went on sale. It wasn't delivered to the bike shop until last month, and then there were a series of difficulties with missing parts / design issues for the brakes that were unexpected and delayed the build. I've had it out only twice for a brief test spin and to our local brewpub (and DH is now doing a partial rebuild to fine tune it to me and my needs).

re: the 170 cranks - I was worried about this because they seemed too long - I would have preferred 165's (my bike is an XS and I'm 5-1/2 inch when stretched!). As I said I have less than 25 miles on the bike so can hardly comment except to say that I'm impressed that there is no toe overlap whatsoever even on this smallest end of the range.

I'm focused on longer 300k-600k brevets right now in preparation for the National 24 Hour Challenge in June, but will post my impressions of the bike once I've found the time to ride it on some technical cross type rides.

hey Jaclyn, let us know what you think of the bike! It looks like a lot of fun!
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

@Madscot13 SRAM does make a 165mm crank.

It's exciting to see that there will be potential reviews for the Valkyrie but personally I think that I am going to save up or forgo a new road bike for a Luna. Currently, I work over at a bike shop and I've spent hours upon hours looking over framesets and build options for a cross bike since I'm 5'1" its really hard especially with the way I am proportioned and the better bang for the buck would probably be Luna.

I priced out a Valkyrie frameset alone and it was 1500 and personally at that price point I'd rather spend the extra money on a Luna at that point. I want a cross bike as a beater but my inseam is just a tad too short with the higher bottom bracket on a Bianchi Volpe so if I am going to spend the money I'd might as well spend the money. That's just me though.

Sparks

I own two Lunas - an Orbit and an Eclipse - and they were worth every penny I spent on them. I've gotten more than my money's worth, as they are such a pleasure to ride that you will put lots of miles on them.

Margo is wonderful to work with and she will do what's necessary to make you a high quality, well fitting bike.

I've had a lot of compliments on my Orbit (primarily from MEN, even though it's pink/purple). There's a picture of it on the Luna Photo Gallery, if you want to look at it.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Oh man.

Luna Cycles I just looked at your sight. Your bikes are amazing.

Beautiful work. I love it when women are framebuilders! I wish I could afford one, but maybe someday. Keep on churning out great bikes.

I always wondered if someone would make cyclocross bikes for smaller women eventually. Why don't big manufacturers do it (Trek, Specialized, and so on?)
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

I always wondered if someone would make cyclocross bikes for smaller women eventually. Why don't big manufacturers do it (Trek, Specialized, and so on?)
    I have NO idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lunacycles View Post
    I have NO idea.
    Of course. I was more musing to the universe. Now I know I should just support small frame builders instead. I can get something "really" special then.
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

Of course. I was more musing to the universe.
    So was I!