Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: 2009 Races

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

2009 Races

To disable ads, please log-in.

minn's post about registering for her marathon made me think about what I might want to register for (and when) this year. Which leads me to:

What runs/races does everyone have planned for 2009?

I missed the lottery deadline for the 50 miler I was considering, which is probably a good thing. So for 2009 I'm thinking...

• 25k trail 3/28 (registered)
    • trail marathon 4/25
    • 50k trail 5/23 (although I'm thinking it might be too warm for me at the location I'm considering, so I might replace it with something else, perhaps a hard 50k July 18 in the high country)
    • trail marathon early September

Heck, if I get either one trail mary or one 50k I'll be happy. I did one trail race in 2008...fell way short of my plans. I hope I'm able to get and stay organized a little better this year!

Half-marathon Feb. 15th (road), in Vancouver.

And, as a reward for turning in my PhD dissertation for external examination on May 22nd (hopefully), I'll "race" (with no expectations) the Forest Park 20K trail race in Portland, Oregon.

I'll decide on the Portland race mid-march, depending on how things are doing.

Still hesitating about some 8K women's race in March. Maybe it would be a way to keep me running after the half-marathon.

Care to come running with me in May in Portland, Yellow?

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Care to come running with me in May in Portland, Yellow?
    You know, I just might do that. I looked at the 50k course and like that the elev gain is pretty minimal for a 50k! Plus Forest Park is beautiful and would be a great place to spend 6+ hours running around. We have many friends in Portland (we lived there back in the early 90s) and it would be a good excuse to go visit and hang out where there's some humidity for a while.

I'm in awe of you long distance gals.

I want to finish this year's Daytona 5K at least a minute quicker than my last year's time.

I'd like to do a 10K this year but don't have my eye on anything particular yet.

Baby goals...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    You know, I just might do that. I looked at the 50k course and like that the elev gain is pretty minimal for a 50k! Plus Forest Park is beautiful and would be a great place to spend 6+ hours running around. We have many friends in Portland (we lived there back in the early 90s) and it would be a good excuse to go visit and hang out where there's some humidity for a while.
    Well that would be fun! I'll let you know if I'll sign up. (To be decided March 10th.)

I'm doing:
    -St. Patricks 5k
    -another 5k that I ran last year to see if my time improved on the same course
    -Hopefully Marine Corps 10k. I was supposed to do it this year but my injury led to $50 wasted.

The big ones are a half marathon in California (Bay Area) in May, the Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon in June, and the Portland Marathon in October.

I think I'll probably do a few fun 5K and 10K races along the way. 10K is my demon distance -- it's too long to be short and too short to be comfy.

Am toying with the idea of a 50K in '10. I'll see how the two marathons in a year go

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post

I think I'll probably do a few fun 5K and 10K races along the way. 10K is my demon distance -- it's too long to be short and too short to be comfy.

YES.
    Thats why I'm trying to make myself do it, but I'm dreading it. I know for a fact I will go out fast (well, my kind of fast) thinking "Oh, 6 miles, thats nothing" and then 4 miles in I'll be toast.