Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning rides

Planning rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

I got new pedals and shoes for my birthday! I'm excited, but am too much of a cold weather weenie to go outside to ride right now.

However, I'm starting to plan big rides for the spring. I want to do a 57miler on March 29th. I did this ride last year in about 4.5 hours.

THere is a 60 miler in April, and a century on May 17th.

After that I don't know....

Any body else planning?
    Kim

Two years ago I did the 80 mile route on the Knox County Bicycle Challenge and it just about killed me (4500 feet of climbing, most of it in the first 50 miles). This year I did the same route and it was enough. For '09 I want to do the full century route - which is more than "just 20 miles more," since the 80 mile route flattens out after the 50 mile split while the 100 continues in the hills. That ride is in September so barring major problems I should have all summer to train.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Tour de Palm Springs on Valentine's Day!

And i'll plan my other rides after that. For sure the MS150 from Irvine to San Diego, but that's later in the year. I need to find some fun/challenging rides inbetween!

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    March- riding in the southwest US (about 80 miles a day for a week)--that'll jump start my training!
    April - Cycle Zydeco in Louisiana for 3 days (that'll put all that weight BACK on!)
    June - Bike Virginia for 5 days
    September/October - somewhere in Europe for a couple of weeks

Other than that, maybe I'll attempt a triathlon. But that would involve running, so maybe not! (But maybe)

The Cinderella Classic metric century and Century are the first weekend in April. My club along with team luna chix, lead training rides every SAturday up until the event. Its a womens only ride, supported by men - the Prince charmings. The ride is limited to the first 2500 - it is so popular. Its a great ride for beginners and a good motivator for the spring. You can google
    VAlleySpokesmen, Dublin, CA for all the info! Bekki
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it.

Just started my list. So far I have:

1. Daffodil Classic on April 19th, 60 mile course.
    2. Peninsula Metric on June 7th, either the metric or the century.
    3. Native Planet Classic on June 20th, my big ride for this year. 128 miles with 10,500 feet of climbing.
    4. Headwater Century on September 27th, 65 or 100 mile course.

And a summer filled with daily rides!

Oh I'm planning.....

(just need to get through the next month or so without breaking anything....)
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

easy to dream about...

thinking about Jan. 14 at 10:00AM

Hmm Cinderella ride was really fun. Bit cold last year and bit of drive. But would love to do it again. Easy ride.

Canejo ride washed out last year with persistent cold so try again for a full century??

Would love to do the Marin county Holstein ride. That was a pretty ride. Loved the food up there too.

I'll post as I finish my ride this year. Talk is cheap you know. and one thing I hate is big talkers me included. .

Smilingcat

Cycle Zydeco in S. Louisiana in April--and I get to meet Tulip and see KB again.

CROC in Eastern Oregon Memorial Day.

WA Bike Ride the end of July.

Some one-day rides in this area. Anne Ride in Walla Walla; Inland Empire Century in Tri Cities, WA; Marilyn Ride in Weston, OR; Grand Fondo in Walla Walla; and all our weekly club rides. I'm ready for spring!!!!
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Since I have a daughter that does competitive soccer my "plans" may get changed but this is my starter list.

Inland Empire Century in May
    CROC if I can swing it
    STP in one day YIKES!

IB, I'll see you at Tri Cities and hopefully CROC. Uhhhh, I won't be doing the STP; not even in 2 days!

I'm hoping to try a mountain bike race in early May. It's exciting because it's on private land that's really fun (one part goes through a cave). It's only open to biking this one day.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

IB, I'll see you at Tri Cities and hopefully CROC.
    Just think, we don't have to climb Webber this year. It's closed for construction so a new route is being worked on. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Is there a site for CROC 2009 yet? I tried to look it up but could only find 2008 info.

Lora

That's good news about Webber! We're still in the planning phase of CROC. We're having a meeting on Fri. to finalize a bunch of stuff. I'll let you know when we get registration going.

Susan

Cinderella Classic (first metric!)

LIVESTRONG San Jose in July (First Century)

Guess I'd better get off my fruitcake and get going!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!