Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

January/February weight loss thread

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll set up the spreadsheet for Jan and Feb for any of those out there interested in another 2 month weight loss log.

Just respond with your weight on the 2nd of January, and your goal weight for the 27th of February.

To help motivate me, I took my digital camera and took a few pics when I had dressed up in my very tight to keep me warm, running/cycling gear. And oh good lordy, if that doesn't motivate me, nothing will. How did the Michellin man get into my house and what is he doing in my clothing and using my camera? UGH!!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I got a new scales for Christmas. It is very demotivating because it weighs me at more than my old one. That is the reason I didnt post for the Nov/Dec thread. But I am ready now. My starting weight is 150.2. My goal weight is 140. And my reward for going down 5 lbs by the end of January is a new spinning dvd. Happy New Year everyone.

151 this morning. Hhhmmm, a goal for the next 8 weeks? That's hard. I think I lost the "easy" weight in Nov/Dec. Now it's going to get harder. I think I'll put myself down for 141. An even 10 pounds sounds do-able. I have my first planned "event" for the year (the Shamrock Run 5K) on 3/15, so I'd really like to make this goal!

Thanks for all the inspiration, ladies! It sure it nice to know that we're not in this alone.

Lori - don't be too discouraged by the scale. It's the relative change from start to finish that really matters. I only weigh myself in the mornings, so that I'm always comparing "apples to apples". And, I try not to get on very often. I don't want to get discouraged if there's no change!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

148 this morning, goal is 140lbs.

I'm in!!!

Today's weight = 144.4
    Goal Weight = 138.4

I haven't missed a weight goal challenge yet - I was one of the first ones to sign up for the very first challenge. Some have been more successful than others. I'm not sure when the first one started - has it been a whole year now?

I think I am going to find all of the old threads and write down my beginning weight and then all of my weights at the end of each challenge. This will help motivate me to do well this time.

It might take me a while to find all the archived threads, but stay tuned and I will post all of my weights here by next week.

Lynette

I am in!

I am back up to 146 after New Years.

I really think I am just bloated/constipated(sorry TMI)/retaining water but I will use it over 145 from 12/31.

Goal is 140. I am losing slower now that I have less to lose so I think 6 lbs in two months is likely but more *might* be a stretch. I want to be at 135 soon but I don't want to expect it too soon.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

145, heading to 130 (nad fabulously firm!) I have my first metric in April and my first centruy in July, so it's time to get serioul about training!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Ok, count me in again (finally). I've let this weight get too out of hand and my efforts to lose it need to take front and center focus again. Even my 'fat' farm jeans are too small right now. Oops.

Get this...today's weight: 173.5 Ugh. That puts me 30 lbs over where I should be and 35-40 over where I'd like to be!

That's ok, this all changes starting with today. I'm doing WW online (I've spent the last two weeks playing with it, entering some of my own recipes, etc...now I'm ready to get serious).

My goal for the end of Feburary is officially 160 lbs, but I'll be very happy with 163, so please put that down for me. No need to get ahead of myself, right?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Here I go again! Am starting as usual at 185, and my goal is 170. I'm biting off more than I can chew, but what's new?

Here is the latest version. Please let me know if you all can see it, this is the first time I've set up a new one like this, so I'm still learning.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...dYUC3EPw&hl=en

I'll put a copy in the thread once more folks have a chance to see this has started and join if they are interested.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Great job — I LOVE charts!

I'm starting at 141 (New Year's and a birthday didn't help). Goal is 135.

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

Quote Originally Posted by kjay View Post
    Great job — I LOVE charts!
    Yeah, I'm a scientist, so I'm all about the charts and graphs. Last month was my introduction to google docs thanks to martinkap, now I am using them for a couple other things too!

I'm in, too. I need to be accountable to someone other than myself and my D*H. I'm digging the chart, too. Very nice. Thank you for maintaining it.

Starting weight: 250
    Goal weight: 230

Woohoo!

Roxy

Well the thanks go to martinkap. She's the one that set last months up for us, I just spend a lot of time at a computer so it was easy for me to maintain it.

I hear ya about being accountable. I've got so many folks knowing my goals, just to try and be accountable at all times. Though my michellin man picture should be enough accountability for me.