Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

145.5 Small victory but it is down!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

218.5 - down 1.5 this week even with the arrival of Aunt Flo this morning...
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

141, which is this period's goal for me.

I was very surprised by this week's numbers because it was quite a drop for me. Wednesday is my weigh day for WW, and I was down 2.5 from last Weds. I thought to myself - there's just no way I lost this much this week. I must be dehydrated. But it's held since Wednesday and I'm drinking plenty of water, so it must be accurate. I still can't help feeling skeptical though. Like it's too good to be true.

I had to go shopping last night for a formalwear dress for an event this weekend. First I had to try to find a nice bra, because I had to pitch most of my old bras, which no longer fit. I can get my hand inside most of them. This sounds great, but it's actually a little depressing. All the skin is still there, but it's very "loose", since there's not so much filling them up anymore. I always had nice cleavage as a DD, but now the skin is kinda wrinkly in a nice bra. I'm sorry, I realize I'm probably oversharing here, but I hadn't really considered that your skin doesn't shrink really so much as it needs to - so now I have no skin tone. In my early/mid 20s I dropped about 30 pounds, and my skin seemed to shrink pretty quickly as I lost the weight. Now, staring my 40th birthday in the face, I'm discovering that yes, I can lose the weight, but I'm never going to look as good as I did then. That's kinda depressing. IN my clothes I look fine, but OUT of them, not so much.

Sorry to be a party pooper. I really am happy about the weight loss and am grateful for what I've been able to accomplish.

ohmigod, am I a nut job or what. why can't I just be happy about this???

I'm going for a run. I'm sure I'll feel better when I get home....
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

I'm back from my run. I needed that! Endorphins are a good thing. I feel much better now.

Judging from the calendar, I think my emotions this morning are mostly hormonal. So, during my run I decided to look on the bright side.... All the dresses that fit were a size 8. Yay! My shoulders feel much better now that they aren't holding up the weight of those DDs. Yay! I can run for 45 minutes without stopping. Yay! Bright side, Susie, bright side.

Sorry to be such a head case this morning.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Congratulations, Susan!

You have worked hard and deserve meeting your goal.

As I said before - you are my inspiration!

I am 139.2 - exactly the same as last week.

But that's okay, because I am still in my new decade.

One more week to go - I'm very pleased with my results so far.

Lynette
    Last edited by Over50Newbie; 02-20-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Lynette - I'm so loving your "new decade" outlook. Watching that number flip to the next 10 down is so motivating, isn't it? You're doing great!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I'm sorry, I realize I'm probably oversharing here....
    I don't think there is such a thing as oversharing on this forum...

I'm really impressed by how dedicated you all are. Any time I try to stick to a weight-loss diet, I obsess about food so much that I wind up eating more than usual. So I just try to focus on portion control, along with a few simple rules like fruits/vegetables/whole grains = good, french fries = bad.

And I'm just now catching up on this thread, so I need to toss out a belated thank you to Amanda for the concept of building a fence and putting the bad behind it. That just might be the mental image I have needed for years to help me get past stuff. So thank you!
    Last edited by ny biker; 02-20-2009 at 12:39 PM.

I'm updating as we speak. I'm out of town this weekend so apologies if I'm a little later with it than I usually am. And I'll weigh in at home, don't want to use my sister's scale since I have no idea how it compares. Not that I think this will be a good weigh in, but you never know.

And congrats to Susan on making your goal, that is OUTSTANDING!!!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...pm8CAodYUC3EPw
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

This is so exciting! As a group we've lost over 50 lbs so far and that isn't everyone recording yet for the week. Granted I've only contributed 1.5 lbs but I think we are doing great!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200

Quote Originally Posted by ASammy1 View Post
    218.5 - down 1.5 this week even with the arrival of Aunt Flo this morning...
    You aunt hinders weight loss? What does she do, bring cake?

ohhhhh! You mean your menstrual period!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    What does she do, bring cake?
    She may not personally bring me cake, but she makes me want to eat cake!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200

Andrea,

After reading your post, I started cruising around the web looking for articles related to food cravings during menstruation. I found this one: http://tinyurl.com/2klgkv It's very straightforward and provides some easy to follow advice. Might be worth giving some of the ideas a try. I particularly liked the advice to try taking more calcium and magnesium. I'm going to give that a try myself!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Oh wow! Thanks Susan. Great article! Next time I have carb cravings, I can just tell myself I have a brain imbalance!

Lots of good info and I also found it interesting regarding the calcium and magnesium deficiencies.
    Last edited by ASammy1; 02-21-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    What does she do, bring cake?
    I would love it if a cake magically appeared every month! It would make the rest of the experience more bearable.

Reporting no change from last week. This is the pits! At least I can start exercising again, which is one good thing