Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Second thought is that RR grabbed stats not including indoor miles. Ignoring the religious beliefs on whether they matter or not, if you're used to looking at your miles with indoor, this list shows without.
    My apologies everyone. I remembered this earlier today... I don't log spin bike time/miles and always view outdoor miles... so sorry if I offended anyone by inadvertently leaving you out of this stat list.

Perhaps someone else could post the list which includes all miles - indoor and out?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    BTW, Raven, I logged my (alas, indoor) miles this AM and thought you'd changed your handle....the caffeine hadn't kicked in yet. So the other half is logging to TE? Cool...
    Yup, he offered to a couple of times last year, and I figured with MrSilver and Boy etc on board TE... and with my M8 often reading posts here and at BikeJ ... well, then I figured 'why not?'
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 01-03-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Okay then, let's get our units straight for this year.

Elevation gain in FEET.

Distance travelled in KILOMETERS.

Weight lost in POUNDS.

Weight gained in KILOGRAMS.

Everyone got that?
    I'm still in £sd, I never changed since 1971

Goodness all this metric palaver confuses me. Nevermind, determined not to get left behind, in all ways, so have just downloaded a real handy widget for converting everything.

Am aiming for 2000 km's this year, my average is only 1600.

Still don't know how you guys manage to fit in all these miles..........ooooops, kilometres into your lives, I'm afraid real life gets in the way far too much for me.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    But I log and add to the pile even if it is a 10 mile mountain or 50 mile road ride.
    If I ride 2 miles to church or out to dinner I log it... it adds up. I had over 300 miles of short commutes last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange
    have just downloaded a real handy widget for converting everything.
    My favorite tool is online. Not just metric to American and Imperial and vice versa, but cooking conversions (e.g., how many grams of ground almonds in a tablespoon?), conversions from archaic units that you might come across in literature or religion, speed to pace... it's fun to just look at the site!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    My favorite tool is online. Not just metric to American and Imperial and vice versa, but cooking conversions (e.g., how many grams of ground almonds in a tablespoon?), conversions from archaic units that you might come across in literature or religion, speed to pace... it's fun to just look at the site!
    Hey, that is really cool, just removed all the banners and even better. Agree with you, the Cooking Conversions are excellent.

So, my distance per year will be equivalent to 60,000 Chinese Imperial yin!

Thanks OakLeaf, that is so very useful.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Raven, no worries at all! I wasn't offended at all; just curious. TE isn't listed as my primary club so Thorn's response probably explains it. I don't count my indoor miles so that's not it. I've never completely understood how club miles are calculated. In any event, I'm impressed by all of TE's miles. It's sure impressive. Hat's off, ladies (and Mr. Silver).
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Gotta say I like those km too.

As far as 2009 miles. We've had offically 69.5" of snow since Dec. 17th. There's barely room for cars on the roads. So it's back to riding the trainer three times a week. I count my indoor miles. I figure indoor miles should count even more than road miles. Especially when I have no other biking options. Although we are going to So. California for a couple of weeks in February. I WILL get some road miles in then. bikerHen

It's not as snowy here but still icy enough to make me stay home. Hopefully it will melt tomorrow and I'll get some miles in this week. If I start missing the snow can I come visit you bikerHen? I'm from Nebraska and used to snow during the winter!

Lora

envy

We arrived home late this afternoon from our road trip. I am sooo desperate to get on my bike & ride after being in the car for 5days. Yes, a road trip is cool but i wanna biiiikeeee.

My thought is to equal the km's we drove from Perth-Sydney-beyond-Perth..exactly 9455km

Hmmmm

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by channlluv View Post
    I'm signing up, too. What are these Road Categories?

Roxy
    Do you mean "ride categories?"?
    Those are a way to divide up your rides - primarily for those using filters - so you can split out one type of ride vs. another. So you can answer the questions:
    How many commutes did I do this year?
    How many group rides did I do?
    How did my races improve or not over the season?
    How many miles do I have on the road, vs. the in the woods? (oh, no...wait...you still can't answer that one)
    How many miles do I have on Bike A, vs. Bike B. (oops...nope...can't answer that one, either)

Personally, I don't think they are all that great. I don't like that I can't answer those last 2 questions (at least...I haven't figured out how) Also, does 2 people on a ride make a "group"? Is my weekly ride with the folks at the shop a "general"/"leisure" ride...cuz it sure is fun, or is it "training"/"general"? If I do an organized ride with those same folks, is that an "event" or is it a "club" ride?

And...if I don't set my own standards for answering those questions...or worse, if I apply what little standards I have inconsistently, then my filters get all messed up.

(Geez...can you tell I fret about those things....a lot??)
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Mystery solved. Even though I was listed as a TE club member, I hadn't "moved" my miles from my primary club (my local club) to TE. I've since fixed that, so now I'm listed in the year-end stats. Again, not that it matters, but I do like the fact that I'm in some darn good company!!!!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I do not have a local club and have always just been solo. Can I post my miles for TE without being a premium member on Bikejournal? I rode about 4300 MILES last year. Do you always use kilometers? Questions questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Do you mean "ride categories?"?
    Those are a way to divide up your rides - primarily for those using filters - so you can split out one type of ride vs. another. So you can answer the questions:
    How many commutes did I do this year?
    How many group rides did I do?
    How did my races improve or not over the season?
    How many miles do I have on the road, vs. the in the woods? (oh, no...wait...you still can't answer that one)
    How many miles do I have on Bike A, vs. Bike B. (oops...nope...can't answer that one, either)

Personally, I don't think they are all that great. I don't like that I can't answer those last 2 questions (at least...I haven't figured out how) Also, does 2 people on a ride make a "group"? Is my weekly ride with the folks at the shop a "general"/"leisure" ride...cuz it sure is fun, or is it "training"/"general"? If I do an organized ride with those same folks, is that an "event" or is it a "club" ride?

And...if I don't set my own standards for answering those questions...or worse, if I apply what little standards I have inconsistently, then my filters get all messed up.

(Geez...can you tell I fret about those things....a lot??)
    Regina, I've never used filters or reports so I may be way off here: if you use the ride type when you add your ride you can tag your ride for indoor/outdoor/off road/etc. These show on your ride journal. You can also specify which bike you rode. In your profile you can then see your yearly and lifetime miles per bike. Are you saying you can't later differentiate these things in a report?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBikes View Post
    I do not have a local club and have always just been solo. Can I post my miles for TE without being a premium member on Bikejournal? I rode about 4300 MILES last year. Do you always use kilometers? Questions questions!!
    You don't have to premium member to log your miles for TE. Go under clubs and "manage my clubs." Choose TE as your club by selecting it from the drop down menu and clicking "join club." Then "move" your 2008 miles to them. As I learned, until you "move" them to TE, they won't count for the club. Let me know if that doesn't work.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I tend to forget about my neighborhood errand commuting miles. Yesterday I rode up to the park to see if the ground was too wet for a picnic - standing water on the grass after 4.5 INCHES of rain (11.3 cm) over night. Why yes it is too wet Swim fins anyone?

So I'll go on Bike Journal and start my TE log. Can't wait for the days to get a wee bit longer.
    Beth

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Regina, I've never used filters or reports so I may be way off here: if you use the ride type when you add your ride you can tag your ride for indoor/outdoor/off road/etc. These show on your ride journal. You can also specify which bike you rode. In your profile you can then see your yearly and lifetime miles per bike. Are you saying you can't later differentiate these things in a report?
    In creating filters, you can select *one* ride type, or *one* bike used. That's okay for, say, all rides done on my mtb. But I have 2 road bikes. I'd have to create one filter for the ID8 and one filter for the Axiom. Which ruins the use of a filter to show me all my road rides. Plus...my commutes are on the road on road bikes, and I'd need to filter those OUT (I can create their own category, however, to put them IN).

And my ride types on the road differ -- some routes are "rolling hills", some are "flat", etc. And selecting for ride category (club vs. training vs. racing, etc) bring up the inconsistent application problem for me. (Crud...did I call the shop ride a "leisure ride" or "training"??? Is it "rolling hills" or honest to goodness "hills"??)
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle