Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tip:Use a Garden Sprayer to Clean Bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Check out my blog post explanation on this neat tip for washing off your bike:
    www.bycycletrips.blogspot.com
    I have this great way to rinse the gunk off my bike after a ride. I use a garden sprayer. One of those sprayers that you can use around the garden to spray weeds/fertilizer. I just put some water in the tank with a cap full of all-purpose cleaner, give it a few pumps with the handle and take the attached wand and spritz off the bike. Followed by a quick wipe with a clean rag and my bike is free of mud and road salt! I often ride through mud puddles or snow slop and getting back from the ride before putting the bike in the car or on the car bike rack, or as I enter the home garage, I take this sprayer and wash off the bike. So easy, so handy! This garden sprayer is handy enough to put in the car and take with you on a (club) ride. Rinse the bike right then and there after the ride. Check out a photo and story I posted on my blog. Anyone else use this?
    Last edited by Sarabeth; 12-30-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Absolutely!

We keep one in the car all season. Not only is it good for hosing the bikes after a race, it makes a great portable shower, too! Fill with hot water in the morning before heading out, and we even get a warm-ish shower most of the time.

And now that the hose is frozen outside, we use it for post-ride hosing at home as well. A great find!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Very clever idea! Thanks.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike