Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Maui-compared to other isles

To disable ads, please log-in.

To make a long story short, we had to cancel our train trip to Jasper, Alberta for snowshoeing due to weather conditions that slowed down train. Besides I'm still recovering from my cold, but getting better.

Change to trip plans later in January to....Maui! We've been to Big Island Hawaii and Kauai a few years ago.

Any thoughts on how Maui compares to the other islands appreciated. Ideas on sites to see, inside knowledge on places to eat.. Yea, I know there is the Crater to see, etc. We're there for 7 days...

Maui was awesome. Less commercial, more wild. Depends on what you want.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

As you know, my in-laws and husband loooooove it.

My mother-in-law was sad to report though that they are building a huge mall across from Big Beach right now.

It's probably time to go before it also becomes more commercial....

I've been to Maui several times and I liked it. We stayed in a condo in Kihei (sp?). Both times we spent 2-3 nights in Honolulu and then a week in Maui.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    To make a long story short, we had to cancel our train trip to Jasper, Alberta for snowshoeing due to weather conditions that slowed down train. Besides I'm still recovering from my cold, but getting better.

Change to trip plans later in January to....Maui! We've been to Big Island Hawaii and Kauai a few years ago.

Any thoughts on how Maui compares to the other islands appreciated. Ideas on sites to see, inside knowledge on places to eat.. Yea, I know there is the Crater to see, etc. We're there for 7 days...
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Seems like Maui is less overly developed..than some other islands.

I'm sure there will be occasional pockets of the forest of higher buildings that are resort-oriented. But am looking forward to it since Hawaii always has something naturally beautiful in its surroundings.

And I might also meet up with a TE member who lives in Maui! We'll see. Meanwhile I'm not sure when I'll get back on bike before jetting off to the isle. Am still prone of coughing-hacking jags. I can't even think about cycling right now.