Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What did you get?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Even though we discussed cutting the presents - I got:

• a turtle incense burner from Chinatown in San Francisco
    • a couple nice books
    • a sleeping bunny neck pillow filled with lavender that you can put in the microwave/oven to warm up and therapy your neck (and its sooo cute)
    • a load of powerbars, gel, drink from dear brother -how thoughtful
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Silver and I aren't doing presents...we respectively indulged ourselves abundantly throughout this year...and enough is enough. Family and Friends this Christmas!

Rather than the nine foot tree we put out our own little Charlie Brown Christmas tree this year.

Merry Christmas!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

It's not even 1 PM yet on Christmas Eve on the west coast. I don't know what I got.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Veronica - neh neh neneh neh - not only are we 9 hrs ahead, we do presents on Christmas eve instead of Xmas morning

oh ps. I gave DBF new towels for the household.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

So in 16 hours or so you can be thinking of me opening my presents while fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls are cooking.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    We also open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve..

I think I just saw dearie, just hurriedly wrap up another gift...for opening in hrs. later today.

Our Christmas is still about 18 hours away but due to the local weather - I don't think I'll have anything to open! Stupid snow.

We did cut back significantly though...and we decided to purchase one big gift of something we really needed instead of lots of crap that we don't. It hasn't shipped yet, but we are getting a greenhouse.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I can't wait! I think dbf and I are going to open present(s?) in a little while. Then tomorrow, my brother and my friend will come over, so we'll do more then. The best of both worlds

I mostly like the act of opening the present. It's just too much fun watching the kitten tear around at the paper, then fall asleep in the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Silver and I aren't doing presents...we respectively indulged ourselves abundantly throughout this year...and enough is enough. Family and Friends this Christmas!

Rather than the nine foot tree we put out our own little Charlie Brown Christmas tree this year.

Merry Christmas!
    Awe... I LOVE that Charlie Brown xmas tree! I haven't had a real live xmas tree in so many years. DMIL said DH was allergic as a child, so we had "one" first year of marriage then fake ones since for many years *sigh*. Late DF used to drive the fm out of town to cut down a tree. Always a ton of snow. He'd tie it to the car roof top. Fall off at least once on the way home. DF and DM would fight trying to get the *&^% thing straight in the stand. THEN, about the time is was straight, nicely decorated... the cat would climb the tree and crash it. Ahhh... what GREAT memories... whaaa, I wanna Charlie Brown tree. OH... and if Santa's listening, I wanna kitty too.

I got a new desk, beautiful plantation style storage unit,flat screen monitor, and a vintage bird painting.
    It looks like i got a cat, too.

I was very generous to myself this year
    Except for the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    OH... and if Santa's listening, I wanna kitty too.
    Santa delivered to the wrong house
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I got myself a self-esteem boost.

The exbf always took care of my car and troubles if there were any. So the other day when a friend told me my headlight was out, I immediately felt sick to my stomach... thinking exbf is no longer in my life.... and how I was always so excited to have him do these things for me... and I think he liked doing them too (disclaimer... but then who knows... since I apparently didn't know him "all" that well obviously)

So I asked my brother to help me... that was two days ago

Tonight I said "screw it" and downloaded instructions from the web... and thought "hmmmmmmmm, can I do this?"... and "thought only one way to find out"... and went to my garage and yep... success... changed it myself
    Last edited by chicago; 12-24-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric

That is great Chicago!! What a boost for you.

The best gift has been time with my family, friends and BF - priceless!

Gifts will be exchanged tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be pleased as punch but again nothing will replace the time I've been able to spend with those I love this past week. I'm so blessed.

Merry Christmas to one and all!
    Marcie

Oh, I must have been a very good girl this year! I got an Ibex full zip shak, a biography of Marco Pantani, and the new Aimee Mann cd which I didn't even know about! Woo-hoo!! I love them all!

We swapped gifts last night (we'll meet up with the family later to exchange with them). My honey got me the coolest HRC sweatshirt! And an itunes card...fun!