Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Score new jacket!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I needed a better visibility jacket for cycling, one with more wind blocking but not expensive because hello it is only cold two weeks in Texas. I was out shopping with the parents this weekend and went into the Harley Davidson dealership. We found a screaming pink jacket with all the pockets my cycling jacket has, reflective piping and lettering, wind blocking front, raglan sleeves and side drawstrings to tighten the waist for $50. Mom and Dad grabbed it as a Christmas present for me but let me take it home. Do I care that it says Harley Davidson? No. I am an admitted Fred and I like the screaming pink, matches my pink helmet.

I can see bright pink, orange or yellow when driving. I cannot see black, red, blue or purple (my old jacket is purple) very well. So the moral of the story? Stuff made for motorcycles is made similar to cycling clothes or maybe the motorcyclists are stealing cycling designs.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Pics!!

I will have to do that tonight, it is pretty snazzy for the price. I am almost convinced to go ride now in the cold. I hate anything below 60 degrees. Of course it will be 50 tonight, maybe DH and I will go on a night ride instead of a run.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan