Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Day 3 is a toughy - King City to Paso Robles. The hill is lovingly called Quad Buster . Think strong thoughts to our girls!

Lifecycle Report - Day 3 part 2

OK... heard from Trek420 at about 3:30 PM y'alls time (CA). She was 20 miles from the finish of Day 3. She managed the Quadbuster and says she feels pretty good, despite the heat. She figures Bike Goddess finished before lunch as she's just eating through those miles.

Trek420 has overcome a challenge today gang... last year she had to SAG 20 miles in on this leg; now she's almost to the finish of the stage.

Jimmy "spazzdog" Olsen
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    Jimmy "spazzdog" Olsen
    Nice report, Jimmy! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    Trek420 has overcome a challenge today gang... last year she had to SAG 20 miles in on this leg; now she's almost to the finish of the stage.

Jimmy "spazzdog" Olsen
    Yippee! *\O/*
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Lifecycle Report - Day 4

Well, stage 4 begins. I've had my morning txt session and quick phone call with Trek420. She sounds great... very up for todays challenge.

They are off to a little later start today... Trek420 is doing a little lubing of the old chain, but they are all buttered up and ready to meet the day. Paso Robles to Santa Maria, just shy of a century (that would be imperial, grrls ).

Take notice, our little speed demon Bike Goddess got a mention in the Day 3 "Day-by-Day" write-up on the Lifecycle site. Find it here:
    http://experience.aidslifecycle.org/...ay3/index.html

If you have any words-o-support for Trek420, PM me and I'll text 'em to her. Keep it short & sweet. I don't have any contact info for the other grrls, so leave msgs for them on the Lifecycle site by using their ride #.

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

From the ALC website: Overheard in camp: “It’s not a ride, it’s a buffet.” The food on the ride is spectacular. Did we mention these little graham cracker, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Never seen ‘em in stores, so note to self: save a wrapper and get the website

So true - I ate my way to LA in 2000. I wanna find them little peanut budder and jelly sammiches!

Spazz - give my love to Dita - tell her to pass it on to the others too!

Hill Slug - we want a ride report please!

Lifecycle Report - Day 4, part 3

Well... no news since the lunch post. Hoping all is well out there.

**Update... breaking news**

Trk420 txt me at 6:54PM CA time. She made it up the Evil Twins through major headwinds and mucho dust (seems the fields were a tad dry) by 6:00. She was informed by the crew that the final 10 mi were on dusty dangerous roads and huge headwinds. Thus she chose to SAG in.

Just got off the phone with her, and despite a bit of sadness she seems to be in good spirits.

She says thanks to all who have sent msgs... all appreciated.

A message to the owner of Dusty the Rivendale (jobob?); Trek420 says Dusty has a twin in the ride.

A message to SadieKate; a jillion MS150 jerseys on this ride. You should be proud

And that's it for tonight, this is Jimmy "spazzdog" Olsen signing off
    Last edited by spazzdog; 06-08-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Lifecycle Report - Day 5

Well. Trek420 got off to a leisurely start this morning around 8:30 AM. She decided that, short milage day that it was, she'd take the extra time to "sunday stroll" this one, maybe smell the flowers, and stop for cookies.

At 2:20 PM (CA time) she cld to say she was at camp and getting ready for lunch.

She's in good spirits; actually sounded as tickled as a newborn in a room full of aunties. I'm sure she'll enjoy an afternoon off to enjoy camp life.

spazz-the reporter-dog off duty until tomorrow
    Last edited by spazzdog; 06-09-2005 at 01:52 PM.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Oh, this is great spazz, thanks for the updates !

Give Trek and BG a big hello for me (I'm also going to post them a hidey-ho on the message site).

That's neat that Dusty has a twin on the ride. I know Pokey (my blue Riv Romulus) also has a twin on the ride, it's being ridden by a man named Jeremy from SF. ( Of course Pokey made me sponsor Jeremy too ... )

- Jo (just back from vacation, I'll fill y'all in on it in a bit)

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Lifecycle Report - Day 6

Well, I've sent my usual "get out of the tent and roll!" txt to Trek420 and await the daily progress reports.

Todays stage is noted as 84.1 mi, give or take, so it'll be a long one. Hopefully with yesterdays short distance and the camp festivities that went on, the riders will all be well rested and re-energized.

-reporting from Massachusetts

spazz-o-reporter
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

This will be a fun day, usually there is a special treat waiting for the riders in Santa Barbara - hot dogs, ice cream, all manner of yummy treats. I believe it is a local bike group that does it. They end up in Ventura tonight, by the beach. What could be better?

Lifecycle Report - Day 6, part 2

9:30 am PST

Trek420 reported in from Pit 1. She want quite the excited cyclist, let me tell you. Amd laughter from her surounding buddies (unseure who they were) she explained that, due to a small equipment failure for Bike Goddess (sunglasses??), Trek420 found herself in front of the speed demon. She stated it was short lived and BG blew past her up the road a piece and that was that.

11:00 am PST Trek420 txt's from Pit 2... apparently the riders are being cared for by a pit stop full of French maids. Hey! What's not to like there!!
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Lifecycle Report - Day 6, part 3

1:09 pm PST - Trek420 hits the lunch stop

2:50 pm PST - pit 2 and still smilin'

3:37 pm PST - She arrives at an impromptu rest stop manned by past riders and friends in a "Paradise" motif.

6:50 pm PST - Trek has put her bike to pasture for the night and is digging' into some well earned chow. She asked that I mention that she has done extensive research on the whole "Boobage banging on descent" issue and has personally experienced no problem

signing off for the night...

spazz-o-reporter

Tomorrow, The Big Finish.

Full reports from the riders upon their return: "In Their Own Words: The Odyssey"
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery