Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Curved tibia bones anyone?

My foot saga continues. No orthotics as of yet. Maybe getting casted next week if I don't back out. But this podiatrists I went to check out on the information that he was a triathelete. I thought, "Hooray, someone who knows a thing or two about cycling". Well...

He's not really that, but does some riding, and asked "do you clip in when you ride". Which, the other ones didn't even know what that was.

He said that rightie is killing me so because my tibia bone curves near the ankle. Also, my IT band there is really tight compared to leftie. Something surely is. He wants to cast me, and ordered PT for me (also a first). I'm not so sure he makes the orthotics I want, but I was intrigued by this bone observation.

Diff GF said this tibia curvature can be common in women and causes many problems with the feet/ankle/knees on how it affects body mechanics.

I told him I also have knee problems on that side. He responded, "I bet you do". Like, it's the bone, etc. Hmmm...

Anyone else know of this? Frankly makes a lot of sense to my issues...
    Last edited by Miranda; 12-05-2008 at 04:31 PM.