Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bib shorts

Bib shorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought my first pair of bibs from ChainLove last week, and I love them. I will never go back to shorts again. I have heard that once you try bib, you never go back. Sooooo true.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ladyicon View Post
    I bought my first pair of bibs from ChainLove last week, and I love them. I will never go back to shorts again. I have heard that once you try bib, you never go back. Sooooo true.
    Yes! Another convert. I wish all the clothing manufacturers agreed with you.

I looove bibshorts. And I find it so difficult to find women's bibs.

I won't go back to non-bibs ever again.

Aside from Assos, I did find someone else who made women's bib knickers... Nalini. Lowest price I found was $170.

I wear male bibs. most work. Actually none of my cycling things are specifically women's.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

I bought my women,s bibs on Chainlove. They are Descente Strada, regularly about $179.00 and chainlove had them for $66.00.
    I can not wear mens bib, because they are too long on me. I am going for a ride right now and wearing the bib shorts (yes, it is 75 degrees here today).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetree View Post
    I won't go back to non-bibs ever again.

Aside from Assos, I did find someone else who made women's bib knickers... Nalini. Lowest price I found was $170.
    Hey Bluetree,

How are the Nalini bibs sized? How is the chamois? I hadn't seen those before, but they look cool. Plus I could really use a pair of bib knickers!

Cari

Bib knickers --- Bluetree, you enabler you!! I'm trying hard to resist buying anything that I don't absolutely need.

I will wear only bib shorts. Unfortunately, there aren't too many "affordable" options for cold/cool weather bibs in ladies' sizes/styles. Knee warmers paired w/bibs are good for me down to around 55 degrees, then I surrender to regular knickers.

Last year, I bit the bullet and bought some bib tights (Hincapie, Gore, and Giordana), which I love. I was tempted to get the EO bib tights that TE is selling, but I just cannot justify the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari View Post
    Hey Bluetree,

How are the Nalini bibs sized? How is the chamois? I hadn't seen those before, but they look cool. Plus I could really use a pair of bib knickers!

Cari
    I haven't ordered them yet, Cari. I think I might after the holidays.

From past experience I think Nalini is pretty true to size. I wear XS bottoms, except with Assos and Castelli (small). Last year I ordered Nalini bib shorts in small and they were too big, so i'm going to try for an XS this time.

I'm still waffling on the color. Black goes with everything and it's good at hiding greasestains, but I'm intrigued by the white ones. However, unlike the model in the photo, I DO have internal organs... and white could very well make me look like an encased sausage.

Caution: Nalini makes different chamois. I like their stretch gel pad (SGP)
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by ladyicon View Post
    I bought my women,s bibs on Chainlove. They are Descente Strada...
    How do these run? Large, small, or pretty true-to-size? Thanks!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetree View Post
    I haven't ordered them yet, Cari. I think I might after the holidays.

From past experience I think Nalini is pretty true to size. I wear XS bottoms, except with Assos and Castelli (small). Last year I ordered Nalini bib shorts in small and they were too big, so i'm going to try for an XS this time.

I'm still waffling on the color. Black goes with everything and it's good at hiding greasestains, but I'm intrigued by the white ones. However, unlike the model in the photo, I DO have internal organs... and white could very well make me look like an encased sausage.
    Holy crow! As a size XS, I doubt you would need to worry about looking like a sausage!!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Hi Cheryl. The shorts run true to size.

I think Nalini also runs large. I have a men's jersey and I've tried on something else...leg warmers maybe? I definitely need an XS, which is hard to find, though the sleeves on the S jersey wasn't bad.

I usually just wear men's stuff. Even for custom orders with companies that make women's bibs. I'm just not quite curvy enough for them, which you wouldn't really think to look at me. I also hate short shorts. The only women's cycling things i have are my shoes, handlebars, and saddle, plus one pair of tights I'm not crazy about.

Another new Bib convert here. I just got he Gore liguid Windstopper bib tights from team estrogen and LOVE them!!!! They are soooo comfy!!!!!! I'm not sure if I'm ready to say that I'll convert to bib shorts too, but the tights are definately an improvement over regular tights!
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

Silver- I won't get rid of my regular shorts but now I buy bibs if buying for myself. I am a convert of sorts but my mom just buys me shorts and that is alright.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan