Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sunday last day of November rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

A misty moisty foggy morning here in Seattle. We were going to leave at the crack of dawn, but there was no crack of dawn. it was FOG. we waited a couple hours until it looked like the fog was lifting and then our stomachs drove us out the door, we were going to ride to the Chelan cafe for breakfast, in west seattle. We took the tandem today, and Raleighdon, who just completed a 240 mile ride on Friday was in no great hurry. So we meandered across to the cafe, had breakfast and followed the waterfront along Alki point and all the way down to Lincoln park and return. 34 rather flat miles (except for our own hill) we had a shadow for about 2 minutes of the ride.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Steady rain all day, and I don't ride in the rain if I can help it. I did find out that there's a leak in my roof, though! Ugh.

No ride here today. We had a wet snow/ice which makes riding a little challenging. I wanted to go but DH discouraged me because of the rode conditions. Oh well, I did some cleaning instead to prepare for my in-laws visit.

No ride here today either! It was raining steadily all day

Instead I ran on the treadmill and took a yoga class... On the plus side, the yoga class gave me a real work out!

It's a beautiful warm sunny day here, which is wonderful, except that we desperately need rain and snow! Rode 29 miles...had planned to go farther, but then this happened:

Got a rear flat. Put in my spare tube and the valve stem broke off. So I patched my original tube, got it all put back together, and it went flat again while I was putting my tools away. I was ready to give up and call for a ride, but no cell reception, so...got everything back out, found the second hole, patched it, and put everything back together again. My tires are SO tight...I curse them every time I have to put them back on. They are almost worn out and I can't wait to get rid of them. After putting them back on three dang times, my right thumb is completely raw and bleeding and my left one has one of those nasty cracks in the side of it. Ouch. But luckily the second patch held and I was able to ride home on just a slightly underinflated tire.

363 miles for November...a lot more than I was expecting. But since winter won't arrive here, there were plenty of opportunities to ride.

No ride here, just a nice brisk 3.5 mile fitness walk in sleet and cold. But, I was dressed right. Too bad that tomorrow, which is going to be 56 degrees, I have to be in class all day.
    But Tuesday and Wednesday look good for outdoor rides.
    Spin class tomorrow, if I can get up for 5:45 AM class.

First time I have been on my bicycle in 10 days. Was so nice to ride again. Foggy at the beach where dh and I began our ride but as we headed towards the mountains it was a beautiful warm sunshiny 80 degrees.

Was planning on riding 24.5 miles but just did not have the energy. Only did 20.5 today. No plans to be out of town this week so hope to ride every morning this week.

No ride here today. It was raining and I don't feel like riding in the rain when I already commute in it. So I've been shopping/ browsing online all day looking for new tires and panniers. And oh yes... wash the two dogs that smell like hxxx@!

Went and played in the dirt! I had a great 15.3 mile single track ride and didn't have to deal with the 30 mph wind gusts we saw blowing the roadies around.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

A cold rain made me spend some quality time w/Coach Troy. Also, rowed 6K+ more meters toward my needed 100K for the Concept2 Holiday challenge.

I did 14 miles in sleet/cold rain so I could say I rode all 30 days of November I don't have gear for that stuff, so I got soaked, but wasn't out long enough for it to be a problem. Other than stinging cold feet, I was warm enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cycling_sarah View Post
    I did 14 miles in sleet/cold rain so I could say I rode all 30 days of November I don't have gear for that stuff, so I got soaked, but wasn't out long enough for it to be a problem. Other than stinging cold feet, I was warm enough.
    I am not sure whether to congratulate you or recommend you be committed. I cannot stand rain or cold so cold rain sends me back under my down comforter. Great job getting all 30 days, I can't do that on any month!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I am not sure whether to congratulate you or recommend you be committed. I cannot stand rain or cold so cold rain sends me back under my down comforter. Great job getting all 30 days, I can't do that on any month!
    LOL! It was fun to try riding in the bad weather a few times, but I'm not going to make a habit of it!

Quote Originally Posted by cycling_sarah View Post
    I did 14 miles in sleet/cold rain so I could say I rode all 30 days of November
    Someone's leaving out a little info here (she's a couple of days away from riding 60 days in a row)! I can attest to the fact that we've had much below normal temps for the past 2 months, too. It has not been an easy time of year for such a challenge. cycling-sarah is my hero! She's also the reason I'm still riding over 100 miles a week.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Someone's leaving out a little info here (she's a couple of days away from riding 60 days in a row)! I can attest to the fact that we've had much below normal temps for the past 2 months, too. It has not been an easy time of year for such a challenge. cycling-sarah is my hero! She's also the reason I'm still riding over 100 miles a week.
    Awww...thanks!
    I wouldn't have done as many miles without you either!
    So, we're proof that anyone looking for motivation to ride more just needs a good bike buddy!