Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

What time?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ann is coming and I thought I'd meet her at Bike Doctor.
    I can take five passengers in the Mothership if you all want to go downtown in one vehicle.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Ann is coming and I thought I'd meet her at Bike Doctor.
    I can take five passengers in the Mothership if you all want to go downtown in one vehicle.
    Who all is coming? Besides Ann and Zen, there's Kalidurga, 7rider, Possegal, MDHillslug, and me for sure, right? So we all won't fit in the mothership but maybe meeting at Bike Doctor would work best.

What time are we meeting?

Where are we eating and when do we need to be there?

I can do a pick up from the Shady Grove metro if anyone wants to commute up with me.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Where are we eating and when do we need to be there?
    If there's going to be a half dozen or so of us, should we choose a place and make a reservation? Or do we want to just wing it and scope out menus as we're walking up and down the street?

Glad you can make it, Nicole!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I think I'd prefer to have a definitive "start" time - i.e., reservations for some place to brunch and munch first, then waddle, er, walk off our holiday feast by checking out whatever the fine metropolis of Fredneck has to offer. If we meet at Bike Doc first, then so be it...but let's have a time to get the party rolling. That give folks an idea of when to arrive, too.
    What of our choices had vegan options? Can we see who can take a party of 8 at 1 p.m.? ....does that sound reasonable?

And, yes, I'd totally support a post-holiday/1/20/09 get-together at a more transit-friendly, centrally located D.C. venue, too. I'm sure we can entice more for that, too!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Maybe the Sunday of President's Day weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    Maybe the Sunday of President's Day weekend?
    Yeah, right, along with 4 million of our closest friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    What of our choices had vegan options? Can we see who can take a party of 8 at 1 p.m.? ....does that sound reasonable?
    Has anyone got any preferences from the links that Zen and I posted? I'm happy to make a couple of phone calls today to ask about dietary options and reservations, but I don't know if I'd have time to call 6 or 7 places. Can we narrow it down a bit, or does someone want to split info-gathering duties with me?

And, yes, I'd totally support a post-holiday/1/20/09 get-together at a more transit-friendly, centrally located D.C. venue, too. I'm sure we can entice more for that, too!
    Does someone want to begin another thread for a TE-closer-to-DC Post-Inaugural get-together?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Yeah, right, along with 4 million of our closest friends.
    ?????

President's Day is in February. It's never attracted that many people to DC, what's changed this year?

Maybe Janice was thinking of Inaugural Day weekend...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Maybe Janice was thinking of Inaugural Day weekend...?
    I mixed up Martin Luther King day and Presidents Day. Sorry. Yeah, I think a separate thread should be started for the later lunch date.

Tam, I don't think any calls need to be made. Just pick a place and I'll make do.

Can we see who can take a party of 8 at 1 p.m.? ....does that sound reasonable?
    I thought we were talking brunch and not lunch so I was figuring something more like 11 or noon. What's the consensus?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Tam, I don't think any calls need to be made. Just pick a place and I'll make do.
    Who's picking? Me? Zen? Any votes from anyone who checked out restaurant menus?

Or are we going with my suggestion to put all the restaurant names in a hat?

we won't have any problem finding a place to eat.
    Let's live dangerously and wing it.

I'll try to remember to ask Brian the next time I go visit my bike. He used to be vegetarian (though not vegan) and he lives downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I thought we were talking brunch and not lunch so I was figuring something more like 11 or noon. What's the consensus?
    Yeah, I was thinking 11-12 too.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I'm in for the lunch if we are starting by noonish, as I'm supposed to be somewhere else by 4. Not that I usually have more than one thing on a weekend day, normally I'm quite boring actually.
    Last edited by Possegal; 12-08-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!