Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Folliculitis!

Arrow by the way, "BOIL" knowledge that's good to know

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey all; Seeing this thread made me think to make a "public-service announcement"
    Some info to keep in yo' back pocket thru life... :

If you do find that you have boils (not saddle sores), anywhere on the body - and that they are recurring ... or are particularly large:

Keep in mind that this can be a sign that your Immune System is working overtime trying to get rid of something ...Recurrent infections, such as boils, may indicate an underlying disease or a misfunction of your immune system.

I found this out the hard (and very long) way: Years of tons of mega health issues which turned very serious and the first little sign was - u guessed it - recurring boils, all over my body.
    And I'd never even seen a boil in my life.

So .. some info to keep in mind if someone you know ever speaks of painful, problematic recurring boils.

just wondering what sort of disease you could be referring to. i'm not asking what you have yourself, but i'm just starting to think that i have some sort of underlying thing wrong with me that's causing all these cysts but i have no idea what it could be. the doctor i've been going to doesn't have much to say about it; i'm sure if i had health insurance and saw a better doctor i'd be able to have a better conversation about it and maybe getting various tests done to see if there's something i should be worried about.

Wow: there I was, on the edge of my seat, reading about Yellow's ingrown hair... from 2005. It took me until the bottom of the thread to realize how old this was.

I hope it has fully healed by now, Yellow.