Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Diablo Cyclists

Smile Diablo Cyclists

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any members? I'm new to the bay area, and am looking for a ride. I'm in Martinez, so either Diablo or Benicia would work. I've cruised the websites, but wanted to check in with an actual member before showing up. THanks

I don't know about Diablo cyclists but sometimes TE gals ride it together. Watch this space and welcome to TE

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=27423
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Tofu,

You might want to try contacting jsteph@sbcglobal.net to ask about Diablo Cyclist's upcoming rides. Looking at their ride schedule, it appears as though an average pace of 15-18mph is expected. The Club Coffee & Pastry Ride looks like a good place to start (20 miles, mostly flat).

I lived in Martinez about 11 or 12 years ago and my mother worked there for over 30 years (just retired). Hope you enjoy it!

Tofu- I'm a member of the Benicia Bike club and can tell you that we're a pretty darn friendly group! If you want to check us out- on Tuesdays we're at the downtown Starbucks around 11:00AM or so (we come down Franklin Canyon and then turn left and ride into town). On Sundays we'll usually get to Starbucks around 9:45 AM or so. Some people go back to Benicia via the Carquinez scenic route and others go on to do more mileage- Pig Farm, Bear Creek Rd, Reliez Valley Rd. etc.

I do know that the Diablo cyclists are a pretty fast bunch. We're a little more casual altho we have some strong, fast cyclists in our group.

Hope this helps. I trust you have checked out our website.
    Nancy

Thanks Nancy. Benicia might be more my speed. I grew up there, so that's cool too. I had actually been looking at your rides. Friendly is good.Friendly is very good. In fact, bf is riding my old bike (monster mtb w/road tires) and is a very new rider. Maybe I'll come join you this weekend. (Though the bike expo is Saturday, so I might head to that). Thanks so much!

The ride to Martinez is on Sunday so you can do both!
    Nancy

Okay. I'm going to TRY to make a Benicia ride tomorow, but bf wants to go hiking, so I may need to compromise.