Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bike Expo

Bike Expo

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, Cascade Bicycle Club Members--what's up with moving Bike Expo back to the hangar at Magnuson Park? I thought it was much better at the pier--and closer to downtown.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

i liked it better in the hangar too, but it's a nasty old building that's why i think they moved it
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

No, Mimi--she meant, they moved it BACK to Magnuson this year, although I think the hangar is a different one. Not positive about that, though. I wonder why too. Maybe they have actually rebuilt Hangar 30 already?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

What I really hated in the hangar was the bathroom situation. UGH!!!!

Croc?

Aint Doody...are you going to be at the EXPO publicizing CROC again? I tried to post on the thread from last year to find out when registration opens, but it seems to have failed. This is our absolute favorite event...and I'm craving cheese grits!

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    What I really hated in the hangar was the bathroom situation. UGH!!!!
    hey now, I GRADUATED in that building!

There are cheese grits? I guess we bought clothes. And went to the beer garden. If there's cheese involved, all the better

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    There are cheese grits? I guess we bought clothes. And went to the beer garden. If there's cheese involved, all the better
    I'm with ya re: the beer garden, Teigyr! Also, I think that the 'cheese grits' reference was to food on the CROC event...

I've got the Expo down on my calendar and hope to have plans for my 're-entry' bike ride all set by then too.
    I think that the hangar location is seen (by Cascade) as a more accessible location for cyclists, given the proximity of the BGT and bike parking/security. There was free car parking too, unless they decide to have that as an easy revenue stream.
    I agree though, that the waterfront building was sure nice - bathrooms, indoor plumbing and the like...I volunteer for Cascade every year at Expo and, the first one we had at Sand Point was freezing! There was plenty of loud/negative feedback about the indoor chill and the porta-potties, so it was a focus to improve the next year and will continue to be, I'm sure.
    Mary

The cheese grits were at CROC, but they sure would be tasty with a good beer, too! When I go to Expo, I get the same feeling I did when I was a kid going shopping for school supplies & clothing (I liked school)

Yep, I'll be at the EXPO pushing CROC again. Lil, we haven't gotten ready for registration for this year yet. But I can guarantee the grits--unless they boot me out for some reason!

I did talk to Mike at Cascade about the Expo. He said the terminal building wasn't available. I think they liked it there, too. He admitted that parking was a bit of a problem but not a terrible problem. It also seems that the hangar this year is a different one. There will be 2 outside heated circus tents with vendors as well as vendors on the inside of the hangar. It's also a week later than last year. Maybe the weather will be better. That year that it was so terribly cold the Expo was held in Feb. I'll never forget wearing my long underwear, sweater, fleece jacket, and heavy coat over the whole ensemble working the booth. I also wore gloves all day long. That was miserable. But we still had a great time at Expo.

Maybe we should take a pot of my famous grits to the Expo. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Hey, Mary, what's BGT?
    Last edited by Aint Doody; 11-21-2008 at 11:06 AM.

sorry...should've explained the BGT acronym: Burke-Gilman Trail...it's oftentimes referred to as the BG "train" as it gets lots of commuter use and is only a couple of blocks away from the Cascade HQ at Sand Point, where the Expo will be held again...
    Mary