Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cycling Shorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    sure it wasn't you sizing down??
    I have lost some weight since I've been able to ride after work (DST is the best!), but my "old" Terry mediums still fit well. It's the new ones that are baggy I think I just might switch to the PIs.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I just recently tried on a pair of the Shebeest Triple S shorts at a local REI and fell in love. I like the fit better than my PI but I have yet to purchase them so I am not sure how they will work in the saddle. So far that is the only thing I have found that I really like other than my Sugar Shorts by PI.

Jess

Just bought my 3rd pair of Pearl Izumi Microsensor. One pair will last 2 yrs, so averaging out the the price.... ok, it's my justification. Only complaint is that the elastic is a little tighter than I would like. Cannondale made a mtn bike short that had great leg grips, wide with no elastic, but no ride up.

Another Shebeest fan. They've ended up being my 'go to' shorts that I grab for anything longer than 50 miles. I really liked the Performance Ultra's too, but realize that I'm always having to adjust them. Nothing's quite as attractive as a woman pulling at her shorts on the bike - I could totally relate to Lance's nervous tick in his TT!

performance ultras for me!!!!! i've worn them for centuries... no problems whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read somewhere (wish I could remember where so I could cite it) that a number of manufacturers are starting make their sizes larger due to the idea that Americans are ever expanding their waist size (for example, the article said that an average size six 10 years ago is closer to an eight now). Always try them on if its a brand you havent purchased in awhile. I went into buy a pair of shorts which I ALWAYS get an Xsmall and they were big on me, the guy at the LBS said a number of people suddenly seem to be dropping a size in their clothes. Of course there isnt anything smaller than an XSmall.
    "Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

so the cycling world is going the way of vanity sizing it's not bad enough i have to shop the teeny bopper department to buy pants/skirts/shorts that fit me... i'm now gonna have to look for teeny bopper or kid size cycling shorts either that or wait for them to start making negative sized clothing

WHY can't manufacturers just leave the sizes alone and let americans realize they are getting fat and lazy????????????????????????????????? and ya know what... i'm not THAT small..... i feel sorry for women that are smaller than i am!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT do they wear???????????? i already wear a size 0 jean.... and thanx to vanity sizing... even some of those are too lose at some stores if they keep this up... i won't be able to find clothes/pants at all!

THEY NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VANITY SIZING STINX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cali looks around sheepishly and climbs off soap box*

caligurl - you and I are in the same boat, XSmall and size 0. And it gets better. I USED TO be able to fit into a girls size 16. I went the other day to buy some sweatpants and I fit into a GIRLS 12!!!

I've been the same height and weight now for literally 20 years (except for a total of 18 months of pregnancy) so I know its not me.
    "Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

Actually I always thought cycling was staying true to sizing. Small really does mean small when it comes to jerseys. The fact that I can buy small non-cycling clothing is just plain inaccurate, I'm really a Medium leaning towards Large at times.

I'm all for healthy curves and healthy body shape, but I can't stand it when fat activists love to toss around the statement that Marilyn Monroe wore a 14 dress size. I kindly remind them that size 14 back in the 1950's is more akin to a size 8/10 nowadays.

i find cycling jerseys totally inconsistant! i have both smalls and even some mediums... depending on the brand!

Pearl Izumi Women's HeliArc Short, have had them about 6 months, no problems, 3D Chamios, I'll never go back to anything less. They wash perfect!
    I do not like my clothing snug, so I buy a large. As I have breasts (thanks to 2 kids), this works out better for me.

As far as other clothing I have 2 girls, 15 and 21, the clothing that is supposed to fit them is borderline obscene. They usually opt to not buy certain styles or buy a larger size and I alter the clothing for them.

I just bought some PI microsensor shorts on ebay. I got a great deal, but they still cost a lot of $$$$. I can't wait to get them and try them out!

I have a pair of Descente (mens) shorts I like a lot, but this w/e I bought a pair of Specialized (mens) and I love them! I rode 43 miles in them yesterday and was comfortable the whole time, wonder what the women's would be like???? the LBS only had the specialized in mens and the decente womens were all too big so I bought a mens small. They were a little longer than I like but that is fine as long as they are comfy. The specialized were great, LBS is going to order some womens for me
    LIFE IS GOOD

Angry PI Women's Microsensor 3D Shorts

I bought a pair and have had them for about 3 months and then decided to wear them when I did a century ride a few weeks ago and they were sooooo uncomfortable. The greenish part folded up and irritated the insides of my legs while riding. Not to mention the chamois itself seem to hold moisture and felt like a wet diaper. It made for a long miserable ride and by the time I got back I was red and raw in several critical parts and had a few owees. I've ridden lots of century and have worn Performance Gel Shorts in the past and have not experienced this problem. Maybe I got a defected pair?

KatieBell, How are yours? I hope better!

My favourite pair is Sugoi's flex short. They are so good I dont want to wear my other pair (not the same brand) anymore. Guess I will just have to invest in another pair of the Sugoi.