Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

migraines and breast cancer

To disable ads, please log-in.

Some positive news for those of us who suffer from migraines:

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-heada...st-cancer-risk

I've taken daily medication to prevent/minimize migraines for almost 20 years now, and it has worked very well. So I wonder how that might affect things for me. The meds aren't hormone related, but they helped me go from daily migraines to 1-2 per month for many years.

Interesting... Rough choice - head in a vice grip, with a knife through my eye + nausea OR risk of breast cancer? Very rough choice.

Where's the part of fewer migraines after menopause? My body didn't get that memo?
    Beth

That's an interesting study. Thx for sharing that link. My mom is a b-ca survivor. Hers came back a second time even with whatever hormone blocking med her onc had her on. It's such a blessing she's alive. The ca had spread to the lymph nodes too with the first ca.

My sis and I both have funky lumpy stuff in our girls that we get diag mammos for. But nothing bad to date.

I have had migraines since my hormones kicked in during puberty. When I was on the bc pill, they were much worse. Now that I'm on the perimenapausal road, my headaches do seem less. So, what they say in this study makes sense.

I tried to take rx migraine headache meds before. They were--yuck! I think one of my saving graces is that I'm a total coffee junkie. I think the caffeine does for me what imitrex tried to do... but without the nasty side effects. I take a lot of Advil too. That would be a miracle if any of it helped spare me of my mom's ordeal with ca.