Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: yeaaa!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I think most of us could have a more heated argument over whether steel, titanium, carbon, or aluminum frames are a better ride.
    And then there's always the obligatory indoor/outdoor mile debates.. It's about time for those to start on the forums
    Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    whoo-hoo!

I have been up close with the man during his campaign. I can assure you that the pin he wore is his own creation of a circle with red and blue, not the american flag. The same symbol on his plane.

I think most of us could have a more heated argument over whether steel, titanium, carbon, or aluminum frames are a better ride.
    I was also wondering if it's okay to ride with my ipod?
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot View Post
    I was also wondering if it's okay to ride with my ipod?
    That's fine if I can borrow your bike and ride without a helmet.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    I have been up close with the man during his campaign. I can assure you that the pin he wore is his own creation of a circle with red and blue, not the american flag. The same symbol on his plane.

I just can't let this be. So sorry, but what the &^#*# does a &^%$# pin have to do with anything?

I'm outta here.

Oh, I don't know the symbol of our country? You notice all the other candidates wear one. Its a sign of respect, and yeah I'm outta here too. I'm gonna go run with scissors.

Wait up, Tulip. I'm coming with you
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    To be honest, when I clicked on this thread earlier this morning, I knew trouble was coming. There is no rule against discussing politics here, but we have had a general agreement against it, as well as religion, as trouble usually ensues.

And it did.
    And there hasn’t been more trouble because there are members who are remaining silent through apprehension or sensitivity. They’ve learned that discussion of politics and religion beyond the boundaries of cycling eventually results in angry arguments with no opinions changed. The threads become “overly arrogant, confrontational, disruptive or promoting a war of words (flame war)”, as quoted from the forum use policy.

If today someone celebrated the (probable) passage of California Prop 8, there are TE members who would immediately pounce, vociferously crying “gay bashing.” We’ve had contentious discussions in the past where members attempted to provide relationship counseling with a conservative Christian view point and were treated very poorly . . . and vice versa. This forum has a demonstrable history of threads going astray where politics and religion are concerned. I can only imagine what would happen if we had a thread on abortion. This forum generally does not welcome all viewpoints, simply the timid and/or diplomatic don’t post or leave the forum. They’ve been well taught.

I interpret the rules of the forum to mean I have freedom of speech on cycling and other sports/fitness topics within the bounds of good Netiquette. Other topics are only a privilege and, out of respect for the forum host and my fellow TE members, should not stray into confrontational areas.

I will simply end with the repeatable words my Vietnam Vet husband (who was not treated well by many in this country on his return, as if the war was his fault) said about those who wear flag pins: “It’s pin-on patriotism. It is not worth the paper it is printed on. It has nothing to do with whether you are patriotic and most of the people who wear them never were part of the military or fought for our country.” Thank goodness we have a country where you can choose not to wear a pin and not have your citizenship revoked.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Point taken. Everything here could be an argument and should not be. This is a biking forum afterall. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion, some are more acceptable than others. We will see what the next four year brings. I hope it helps us all.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    I will simply end with the repeatable words my Vietnam Vet husband (who was not treated well by many in this country on his return, as if the war was his fault) said about those who wear flag pins: “It’s pin-on patriotism. It is not worth the paper it is printed on. It has nothing to do with whether you are patriotic and most of the people who wear them never were part of the military or fought for our country.” Thank goodness we have a country where you can choose not to wear a pin and not have your citizenship revoked.
    Dear Sadiekate, Thank you,

To those who had pinned their hopes on Sen. Mc Cain, I have no desire to to put salt into your wounds. I only offer hope and well wishes that our country can begin the healing process. For any person, to reach the highest of office, they can't be that stupid. Give them a chance just as I give Sen. Obama a chance to imrprove our country for the better. We all need to work together. We all live under the same roof to speak of.

sincerely to all,
    Smilingcat

That's fine if I can borrow your bike and ride without a helmet.
    While you're at it- Strength training will make you a faster cyclist. Squats and deadlifts... lots of them.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Hey Andrea, hows the fizik saddle working out? Very nice knifework, you must cook!

We will see what the next four year brings. I hope it helps us all.
    Me, too!

By the way, with a little googling you'll see that both McCain and Obama did and did not wear flag pins at different times. McCain didn't wear one at the convention speech nor at one of the debates when Obama was wearing one. Does that make 'em both flip-floppers?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Hey Andrea, hows the fizik saddle working out? Very nice knifework, you must cook!
    It's kinda "meh"

I might end up putting it on my CX bike since it feels more substantial than the Ruby that's on there. I want to try the SI SLR lady one more time to make sure I don't like it better. I think my Verge chamois may have a little to do with the chafing as well... but I won't be getting new shorts until team training camp in December!

Oh yeah... and yes, I cook! I am pretty handy w/a chef knife!
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog