Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Texas & surrounding states Rides/Races

To disable ads, please log-in.

Post any upcoming Texas Rides or races that are not already posted here!!!!

05/20/05 Wildflower - Richardson Texas

Last edited by Technotart; 05-17-2005 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Add Date

06/11/05 Collin Classic - McKinney Texas

TEXAS Racing

This is the site for USCF sanctioned races in Texas

www.txbra.org

Are you riding the Wildflower? DH and I are doing this one together...he's been so busy at work the last few months that he's still riding somewhat close to my level...a few more weeks and he'll smoke me for sure. I did it last year. It was a good ride and they've rerouted the first part to avoid Renner which was a big ole pain. It's about the flatest ride I've ever done except for a bit around the lake.

I'll ride in Mesquite and the Collin Classic, too, also good rides.

I am planning on doing at least the 20 - maybe the 50 and DH is doing the 10 with the tagalong and the tot on the back - maybe - we may get sitter - I dont like the idea of the little one on the street - even tho he's attached to daddy.

I understand about having the little one out in the street. I haven't done that yet...not sure I will. Maybe when she's older and can handle the trail a bike concept.

The good thing about the Wildflower is it's relatively flat and it's out and back for the first 20 miles. You can go as long as you like and turn around at any point...not many rides work that way. I hadn't put in many miles prior to last year's ride and so a friend and I decided to just ride until we thought we needed to turn back...thought we'd shoot for 30ish. We felt so good after 20 that we commited to the 50, which turned out to be 54. There was one kind of ugly hill on the lake, but other than that just your averages rollers. Thankfully, the wind wasn't too bad either...hoping for the same on Saturday!

http://www.bicycle-stuff.com/05_rides/index.htm

W00t! Rally or recreational type ride calendar for Texas is here!

Yep, this is a great site and we use it to plan all our rallies. It's nice to see reviews before you do a ride you've never done before. John, the guy who runs it, takes his camera with him and will happily snap pics if you encounter him. He rides a bent and I'm not sure how he manages to take such good pics without looking, but he does. Here's one of me and dh during the Wildflower...let's see if I can get this to work.

http://www.texas-cycling.com/photos/...s/wild_122.htm

Plano, Carrollton. N. of Dallas ride this week?

Steph - were you wearing the same jersey when you rode the crosstimbers? (If you did the CT) If so I saw you! (Or someone else with the same jersey! LOL!!!)

Who's up fer a ride one or two nights this week???

Tuesday nighter? Wednesday nighter? Anyone know of a some no droppers we can join in on?

M

Nope, wasn't me...I didn't ride that one. I saw a couple of them myself during Wildflower...just got it at Bike Mart and I suspect so did a few other local folks. I thought it would be cooler than even sleeveless...hubby likes the cleavage.

Evening rides are tough for me with DH's somewhat unpredictable hours. I will be riding the Mesquite ride Saturday and the Collin Classic the next Saturday with a friend. She's very new to cycling so we'll be doing 20 Saturday and 30 the next. If you come, feel free to poke along with us for the company.

Not knowing exactly where you are...can't tell you much about no drop rides. You might check out http://www.planobicycle.org/ they have various rides during the week in various locations.

Mesquite was nice today - the little bit of spit'zzle was just fine - not too wet - did you guys make it? I was all set to do the 40, but this was hubsters first group ride and I figured he might need a little encouragement so I did the 20 with him. He did great, spun his way up the hills huffing and puffing, complained loudly the all way through it, and then filled out the survey and said "Great 1st ride!". I am looking forward to doing the longer rides together when I get him up to speed, I have noticed that I am gaining a lot more speed now than I was - I used to mash up hills at about 6 to 8 miles per hour but had NO trouble spinning up them at about 14 today!

Collin classic will be great - another member from this board is riding with me, if you don't have someone to ride with holler! We are doing the 30ish but may change our minds and ride further if we feel up to it. Hubster will do another 20ish that day. Poor guy slept all afternoon today!

Yes, we made it. I was glad for the clouds as it kept the heat down. My friend ended up hurting her knee jogging earlier in the week so she didn't come. I ended up doing 40 with dh and friend's dh. It was his first organized ride, too. It was my best effort at 40 ever! It was nice to have them to draft off of through a long southbound portion with the nasty winds.

Friend is still in question for Saturday so I'll let you know if I wind up solo.

Did you try the pickle juice??? ACK!!

LOL Pickle jiuce - NO!!!! I steered WAY clear of that!

Anyone doing the Power Rally in Denton, TX on 10/8? I will be there with hubby and brother. My bro lives in Denton and this will be his first organized ride.
    "He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage" Phil Liggett