Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hmmm What size are my grips?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought my bike off Craigslist so no owner's manual. I want to put new lock on grips but they come in 130 mm and 90 mm. How do I know which I need? The are stock 2005 Scott Women's bars if that helps. I am so confused what to even measure to determine the size!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

It's the length of the grip. If you have gripshift, you'll want 90mm. Otherwise, if you have trigger shifters, you'll use 130mm.

Thanks Salsa! I seriously thought I needed to measure the circumference of the bar. I am blonde, I am an Aggie, sometimes I am not so logical. Hope I didn't offend any blondes or Aggies or illogical (is that a word?) people with that statement.

Now I can get my grips if I can just commit to the color I want.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan