Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    and I pick other people's litter up if it is not too gross (once I happened upon a used condom right in the middle of the bike path! Who does that! But that was one thing I wasn't going to pick up).
    LOL Liza!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I had a used condom on my classroom door once and goo all over the window.

We had broken beer bottles all over the playground and on our play structure on Monday. I teach in suburbia - not the city.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

My husband has hooked and landed used diapers in the American River.

I don't think he used his net.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Yesterday mountain biking, in addition to the normal trash at a city park: bike tube. Seriously? If you carry a flat kit you can put the flat tube in your pack. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they packed back up and forgot but probably not. Just some punks who thinks their trash isn't an eyesore. I hate people sometimes.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I've started picking up trash when I walk my dog twice a day. Each time out, I come back with at least one full grocery bag (the plastic kind) and there's always more. Today I took out a big trash bag and filled it up.

I can't change the people who throw out their trash onto the street, but I can change my reaction to it--I pick it up now instead of walking past it. My dog doesn't like the interruptions, though!

You know Tulip, after last weekend I have decided that DH will have to wait while I grab that piece of trash. I carry a huge camelbak, I am sure I can fit a little of their garbage.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I've started picking up trash when I walk my dog twice a day.
    Tulip, that is so admirable. I don't do it in Manhattan, but I started doing it when visiting my mom and wow, there is a lot of trash.

Pam