Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Red face MS 150 TX to OK - I will do this again....

To disable ads, please log-in.

I started the day out right by falling over in the parking lot (not 2 feet from the car even!) - scraping one knee pretty bad, bruising/goose egging my right thigh to the size of about 2 eggs, and banging up the left knee to boot....

There was about a 20 mph headwind the WHOLE way! And much of the course was VERY uphill once we got to the midway point. It took me 10 hours to go 94 miles. (they said it was 88.2 - I cried at that mile marker when it wasn't there!) By the time I got to the overnight, I was in serious pain. I should have SAG'd in at about 7 or 8 hours! There was no way I could do the 2nd day, and I called my husband to come get me. I spent the night sitting up on an ice pack and gave some thought to going back at 4:30 am...but nixed that when I had to get up and walk around on my leg!

So....next time (October) I pace myself a little better, I take the SAG wagon when I have been on the bike long enough no matter how many miles I have ridden in that time, goo's work great to keep me going since eating food makes me nauseus and causes cramps when I am riding, and I train harder in the future - More hills in my training routine!

My son rides about 300 miles in any given week and he even said "Gosh mom - 10 hours - I woulda sagged in LONG before that if it was taking me that long!" But he's proud of his momma.

Ow, ow ow!!! You're a brave soul! Thanks for reiterating some very good advice to stop regularly and SAG when the conditions warrant. Then you can live to ride another day. Hope your knee heals up quickly! (But just think of those tailwinds you missed on the second day! )

a round of applause for the little lady

gosh darn it - you gave it the college try!........and to be in the saddle 10 hrs, what saddle you riding on girl!! There will be other days and other rides, you can at least look at this one and say: yes, I did ride it. even if I only rode part, I still did it!

Ride Well Done!

(take care of the owies!)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

My saddle is a Selle Italia Lady gel flow - or something like that .... I think the nose was sitting a tad too high though, I should have stopped and adjusted it, but didnt think about that being the problem until it was TOO late!!!! There is no way I would have lasted 10 hours on the Trek seat that came with this bike....This one is comfy for about 4 to 5 hours - after that amount of time I dont think there is a saddle out there I could call comfortable.

I need some saddle shaped ice packs! I wonder if I could market those?

Way to go!

I only made it 45 miles the first day... and 20 miles the second day.

Honestly, I was so bored... riding alone... in the middle of the country.

My knees started to hurt a little... and I was bored. At that point, I decided that I wanted my experience to be FUN... not a drag. So the first day I sagged after the lunch stop.

And... I saved my knees for the second day... and getting to cross the finish line!

But you were a serious trooper! WOW!

Yea, I will do it again next year... IF I have a riding buddy... I won't do that alone again. It was so dull.

Maybe we can get a group together and start training NOW for next year so we can make it FUN!

I was sort of off by myself most of the day too, I agree, that wasn't fun. The riding was fun, the riding ALONE was not.

Im stepping back on a training schedule next week when I get back from visiting my parents. I have taken the couple of weeks that I am off school off from any training as well. I have done a couple of "for fun" rides, but nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Technotart
    Maybe we can get a group together and start training NOW for next year so we can make it FUN!

I was sort of off by myself most of the day too, I agree, that wasn't fun. The riding was fun, the riding ALONE was not.

Im stepping back on a training schedule next week when I get back from visiting my parents. I have taken the couple of weeks that I am off school off from any training as well. I have done a couple of "for fun" rides, but nothing serious.
    Sounds like a good plan!

I have a triathlon June 18th and July 30th... and then after that I will be *open* for training.

Assuming I don't find a tri to do in August! Ha!

Oh! Did you find your pics on the photo site for the MS 150? My number is 124.

Quote Originally Posted by Technotart
    Oh! Did you find your pics on the photo site for the MS 150? My number is 124.
    Yea... I did. The only *good* picture where you can really see me... I am making some funny face.

I see you got it under your name over there. How did you do that? I have another picture I can put there.

Go to user CP and click on edit avatar - then you can upload the little picture. I had to resize mine to 100 px high - if you need one resized, I can do that.

Very nice pix too ma'am! Looks like it was a sunny day yes?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

It rained for about a total of 20 minutes right off the bat, but not a heavy soaking rain - then it was sunny blue skies and about 80 degrees the rest of the way! It was PERFECT!