Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    I'm up for the Veterans Day ride at Schaeffer. But how are we going to find our way out of the park, since we're directionally challenged???
    DH may be with me (us)....thus the comment on the cardio!
    I'd love to get a group together...we have a friend who just bought a mtb, and to the best of my knowledge has not taken it in the woods yet. I might even see if I can get some of the newbie 'cross racers from the LBS to join us - a little off-road bike handling and obstacle jumping skills session for them. That should be entertaining!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

My fellow bike commuter Kitty (she rode with us at Rosaryville one time) would like to join us also.

Although if the group is a bunch of hammerheads, I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable. I could hang off the back as long as people don't stop and wait for me all the time.

Actually, mine was put on by the Bike Lane, a shop in Burke, VA. It was good, and no sales pitch at all!

I'm up for the Veterans Day ride at Schaeffer. But how are we going to find our way out of the park, since we're directionally challenged???
    I'll bring a GPS and then we can be GPS and directionally challenged.

We can do what my bf did when we went backpacking Columbus day weekend - didn't put in a waypoint at the car, and the GPS coordinates he'd gotten off the internet were wrong - making the GPS marginally useful.

My fellow bike commuter Kitty (she rode with us at Rosaryville one time) would like to join us also.

Although if the group is a bunch of hammerheads, I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable. I could hang off the back as long as people don't stop and wait for me all the time.
    No hammerheads. You know how DH rides...you've ridden with him before. You'd do fine on any ride that I'm on. These folks may be hammerheads on the road, but add dirt...well....let's just say, the playing field will be leveled.

And C - the trails are blazed - and loops. There are maps every so often at major intersections. The most important one, in my view, is the trail mark labelled "P" - which points the way back to the parking lot!

I'd love to go. Anybody got a real mtb they could lend me? However, I've been having pain in my left wrist and after I see the doctor tomorrow I could be in a splint or cast with no riding for a while. Wait and see.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    No hammerheads. You know how DH rides...you've ridden with him before. You'd do fine on any ride that I'm on. These folks may be hammerheads on the road, but add dirt...well....let's just say, the playing field will be leveled.

And C - the trails are blazed - and loops. There are maps every so often at major intersections. The most important one, in my view, is the trail mark labelled "P" - which points the way back to the parking lot!
    You underestimate my abilities to be clueless or get lost.

But yes, I could probably manage that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I'd love to go. Anybody got a real mtb they could lend me? However, I've been having pain in my left wrist and after I see the doctor tomorrow I could be in a splint or cast with no riding for a while. Wait and see.
    Hope your wrist is ok!

And if it is, I'm storing my neighbor's early 90s MTB in my basement, and it's probably about your size. It's a Specialized Rockhopper I think, with a rigid front fork. I used it on my first MTB ride, and it worked fine, and got me hooked.

So if you can ride, I'd be happy to bring it.

MDhillslug,

If your wrist is okay, if I have my mtb bike finished by then (need to get it a high angle short stem, non oversized bar), and if I haven't sold my trek, and if you're short and fit a 14" frame, I have a front suspension bike you can use.

Anyone have a 90 or 100 mm stem with about a 16 degree rise that fits skinny bars they don't need or want to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    MDhillslug,

If your wrist is okay, if I have my mtb bike finished by then (need to get it a high angle short stem, non oversized bar), and if I haven't sold my trek, and if you're short and fit a 14" frame, I have a front suspension bike you can use.

Anyone have a 90 or 100 mm stem with about a 16 degree rise that fits skinny bars they don't need or want to sell?
    I've got a 100mm but I think it's a 10 degree rise. I'll check tonight.
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Thanks for the bike offers. I should know a lot more after tomorrow morning.
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

The extra 10mm might make the 10 degrees work. I'll look at the bike more this weekend. I've got a 16 degree 90 mm stem that's oversized and a 100 mm 6 degree stem, so between the 2 of them I should probably be able to figure out where exactly I want the handlebar.

I guess I could just buy a new oversized handlebar, but the stem seems like a cheaper part to switch.

I have no apparent fractures. It could be tendonitis but the doctor thinks it's a ganglion cyst. I go for an MRI next week and then we take it from there. If it is a cyst I could be looking at surgery. For now, I'm free to do whatever I can tolerate. This ride could be a go!
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Yay! Glad to hear it. Sort of. Glad you may be able to ride, but I hope you don't need surgery. My sister had surgery for a ganglion cyst.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I have no apparent fractures. It could be tendonitis but the doctor thinks it's a ganglion cyst. I go for an MRI next week and then we take it from there. If it is a cyst I could be looking at surgery. For now, I'm free to do whatever I can tolerate. This ride could be a go!
    I'm glad it's not a fracture!

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Yay! Glad to hear it. Sort of. Glad you may be able to ride, but I hope you don't need surgery. My sister had surgery for a ganglion cyst.
    How did that work out for her?
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er