Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Livestrong Challenge - schedule for 2009

To disable ads, please log-in.

Locations and dates for the Livestrong Challenge for 2009:

Seattle, WA - June 13-14
    San Jose, CA - July 11-12
    Philadelphia, PA - August 22-23
    Austin, TX - October 23-25

Registration begins December 1, 2008 at http://www.livestrongchallenge.org

To compare to the 2008 schedule, the Portland event has been changed to Seattle and moved up a couple weeks earlier in June. The other three are basically one year later at the same place.

I plan to register in early December for the Philadelphia ride, and hopefully will get a couple of donations in lieu of Christmas gifts. Also that way I can make a bigger overall donation than last year and have it paid out in small chunks over eight months.

Anyone else?

My team is in again for Philly. We were 17 strong this last year (with 9 of us biking). My sister has decided she will walk the 5K next year. Given that she is 18 months out from a diagnosis that has a median survival of 22 months, I'm so proud of her fight and really believe she will be there walking!! She has also decided she wants her team to compete for biggest team. Given that there were a couple 50+ member teams, it's a big goal. But we plan to try and get her there. Of course most of those teams the majority of people are doing the 5K.

I'm already planning for some fundraisers too. The latest idea, a scavenger hunt.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Hey, that's interesting---Seattle this year. Thanks for posting this--I had no idea it was going to switch to Seattle for 2009.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

OH... SEATTLE! Yeah! Maybe a TE team? I'm excited that it will be here next year!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    OH... SEATTLE! Yeah! Maybe a TE team? I'm excited that it will be here next year!
    I think we should ABSOLUTELY have a team!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I would love to ride the Seattle event. I'll have to talk to DH about making the trip out.

I'll be riding San Jose again this year - any Bay Area TE ladies want to ride this one?
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    I'll be riding San Jose again this year - any Bay Area TE ladies want to ride this one?
    I'd like to, but I think there's a schedule conflict with the Death Ride.
    I'll get back on the bike soon, I promise!

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

San Jose

Hubby & i have been talking about coming over to visit his parents who live in Monterey......................... (it would be winter here so very tempting!)

Will keep you posted if we are able to get over for it
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

I'll be riding again in Austin!
    Debra
    Cure cancer. Ride a bike.
    www.livestrong.org

DBF and I would love to come to Seattle!

the date of the Seattle ride has changed. The email said that due to an existing atheltic event in Seattle, it was changed to Sunday June 21st, packet pick-up being on Saturday the 20th.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by melissam View Post
    I'd like to, but I think there's a schedule conflict with the Death Ride.
    Well, I guess that answers that question! I was waxing back and forth about the Death Ride this year - not sure I'm going to be strong enough to ride it and want to put in the work that will assure I will be (might as well call it for what it is ). But the LiveStrong is the event I do for my mom who passed away from Liver Cancer. So, I guess I will not be doing the death ride.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

fatcyclist is trying to get a huge team together, competing in any and all four of the events. I'm actually thinking about it. I can't make the Philly one, the only one in driving distance from me, so I think San Jose will be the one. Could we form a TE sub-group within the FatCyclist team? He's having such a tough time, I would love to do something BIG for him.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/11/12...-some-records/
    Last edited by Pedal Wench; 11-26-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I just registered for San Jose, and would love to connect with other TE'ers riding.

Lori Kenny
    sammything@hotmail.com
    (on facebook & myspace)