Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Start Wearing Purple

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am a purple nut, seriously I will be the crazy old lady with the purple hat. DH just sent me a link to CyclingNews' tech from interbike. It is a purple lovely mess.

I told him Tess (my mtn bike) needs some better clothes anyway. I sure hope I find the purple lock on grips seen here in my purple Christmas stocking this year. Sorry you will have to go to the link, the photo is copyrighted. I can't really justify any of the other parts but the grips I could use new ones. And as he say "Lock on are the bomb, what took me so long?"

The best part? My bike is black with just a little gunmetal, these won't even clash.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I like purple, I am glad it's still in style!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Purple is the color of royalty...

I say, wear it and ride with pride.

Actually, purple really matches a lot if you think about it. Sorta like green.

If you have pink, red, or orange... any of those things you have to go with the theme of one "hot" color, or they clash.

Purple is good to go. You'll have to post some pics of Tess once she is crowned with her royal cloak.

Mimi- Did it ever go out of style? Almost 28 years and my love hasn't faded.

Miranda- I am hoping since my husband sent them to me he will buy them for me. If he doesn't I will buy them for myself.

I wonder if I can get them since they are 2009 releases from a German company, I am so impatient!
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Purple bar tape . . .

I put purple bar tape on my ti Serotta - but am struggling to find purple gear to wear. At the bike show I was pretty tempted by purple hubs & purple 650c rims though . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phoenix.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	7762  

alimey- I love it! My dream bike is a Ti with purple flames on it.

DH told me last night not to wait for Christmas. Tomorrow I will order some ODI lock on grips with purple locks.
    Amanda