Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Nathan Intensity hydration vest

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got the vest that Yellow's spoken of so highly, and I agree 100% with her glowing review.

When I put it on empty to adjust the straps, I couldn't even believe how comfortable it was. It was still comfortable with water in it. I was just going for a short run today so didn't fill it nearly full, and unfortunately I wasn't paying too close attention to how much water I put in it today, but it was definitely at least 24 oz and probably closer to 30. 24 oz is the capacity of my Amphipod belt and that feels really heavy when it's full. The Intensity vest felt very light.

Running, it didn't bounce, didn't slosh, didn't move around, didn't chafe, didn't tweak my shoulders, didn't feel excessively hot, stayed UNBELIEVABLY comfortable for the whole run. Which wasn't all that long, less than 5 miles, and I probably wouldn't have brought water at all if I hadn't been trying out the new vest - but still.

I was reasonably happy with my Amphipod belt, but I'm thinking I'm going to use this vest even for short runs. I'm the gal who sweats out a liter an hour on a cool-ish day, so carrying more water more comfortably is a huge plus for me.

(Plus, I ordered it through Amazon, which their third-party seller has the 2008 models marked down. As far as I could tell the only thing they changed for 2009 was the color. They said I'd receive it about 9 business days after I placed the order on Sunday... it came this morning. )
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

I'm glad you like it. I think one of the reasons it's so comfortable is that it wears like a vest, not a pack. Most of the time I forget that I have the darn thing on.

I ordered the "big one" last week for my adventure/long/iffy weather runs using my REI 20% off coupon. It's on backorder, which is a real drag considering I have a bunch of really long runs coming up. I'm looking forward to using it! While I lovelovelove my Intensity, it's not quite big enough for a SPOT, a camera, a steri-pen, extra socks, food, etc., etc.

Yellow,

We have the Nathan Synergy Hydration Pack in stock, ready to ship. If REI let's you down, you'll know where to look for it next.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodNN_5020NG.html

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592