Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello all! I'm back!

I was wondering if anyone knows if the bridge is open yet?

Biking over Oak has been pretty good thus far but as the weather warms up, I noticed I can really smell the pollution from the cars. And it's really dusty at times too. Can't wait for the bridge to be open.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Not yet.
    Translink is still committed to open the whole thing Canada Line and bike bridge after Labour Day this year.

At least, it's earlier than their previous deadline, which was this Nov.

Latest update:

Canada Line bike-pedestrian bridge deck will open on Aug. 14. They are hammering out the details. Hope Vancouver cyclists will be around then.
    For visitors to Vancouver, coming by plane, this means cycling into VAncouver downtown from airport and if you wish, hopping onto the Skytrain with your panniers. Or take more scenic route, ride all the way into downtown.

2009 really has been a banner year for cycling facilities so far..this, Burrard Bridge bike lane, Golden Ears Bridge, Central Valley Greenway, etc.

Take every advantage of new routes for us and everyone else.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Yeah! I'm looking forward to the new bridge... though I'll only have 2 weeks to test it out. I'm being transferred to another store... AGAIN! But this time, I got a promotion with it. I'll miss my ride to Richmond. It was just the perfect amount of commute/ exercise for the day too. See you on the 14th!

Gee, add Vancouver to my vacation dream list. Hopefully there's bike shops around with rentals? No need to answer now. I'm only dreaming of my next escape, not actually planning it!
    Beth

Shooting Star: Do you have any article/ newsletter saying that's the date it will be open? I'm trying to confirm this so I can bike to work over that bridge that day. I'm hoping to take my friends over the bridge on the 15th. But my friend who lives in Richmond said Canada Line is not supposed to be open until the 22nd? I was at the Canada Line website just now and can't find any information on the exact date the Line is supposed to be open.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha_bellies View Post
    Shooting Star: Do you have any article/ newsletter saying that's the date it will be open? I'm trying to confirm this so I can bike to work over that bridge that day. I'm hoping to take my friends over the bridge on the 15th. But my friend who lives in Richmond said Canada Line is not supposed to be open until the 22nd? I was at the Canada Line website just now and can't find any information on the exact date the Line is supposed to be open.
    Translink's paid full-time cycling issues manager/coordinator confirmed this hr. that the official opening of the Canada Line bike bridge deck will be on: Friday., Aug. 14 at 1:00 pm. There will be ribbon-cutting ceremoney with important folks there.

Access from the City of Vancouver side will be south of Ash St., at Kent St.,
    Access from Richmond will be via Van Horne Way at River Rd.

I will email to you a communique with further details.