Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Fredwina, I am so sorry to hear about your accident.

Is the fire affecting you? I just heard about it...looks bad but it also looks like it is becoming contained.

nope, so far. Jiffer is a lot closer. It's at the the 15 freeway and Sierra in Fontana, and i'm almost in Upland: http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_10790210

Fredwina -- Hugs to you and hope you recover smoothly. I just read this and am a bit behind. I'm glad it's not turned out any worse than this.
    Take care of yourself. Hope we hear good news about the bike, too.
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I got a new splint, which puts my wrist in a different position. I go back in two weeks.

I was just thinking about you! how are you feeling?
    new splint better?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

It's more confining , and puts my hand in an awkward position for activities of daily life

Fredwina - So sorry about your broken bone. I broke my radius ice skating back in winter '03. It was relatively minor, compared w/your break. Just a sling--no cast, splint, etc. I started moving it right away so I didn't lose any mobility (heard horror stories). Hurt like a Dickens and I was thankful for my high tolerance for pain -- wouldn't accept pain meds from the doc. Just turning my hand was enough to make my eyes tear up.

It's a good thing you've been started on PT already.

Keep us updated on your progress! Sending lots of healing vibes your way.

I haven't started pt yet - now two week away

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I hope your arm heals well...poor thing!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

heard from the Insurance, they're not disputing the guilt this sounds like it may be drawn out- they will not pay until i'm healed . Any idea how to hnadle this? I also want to make sure Blue Cross gets reimbursed - as I have an indivdual policy and don't want my rates to go up
    maybe i should get tested for Alzhiemer's- I Left my wallet at Albertson's this morning.

Let your insurance take it up with their insurance. Then stand back and watch the fur fly.
    Beth

Just went through this myself. The auto insurance wants to wait until all treatment is complete before they pay out on anything. I'm sure they want to just cut a single check and then have you sign something to release them from further liability. It stinks because that puts the burden on you to handle the expenses until they pay you back.

I tried to give them the info on my medical insurance so they could pay them back for my medical expenses. But, they told me they wanted to deal with just me and it was up to me to reimburse my medical insurance company. I contacted my medical insurance company anyway -- partly to be sure they would still cover my expenses and partly to give them the opportunity to deal directly with the auto insurance co. They are in communication with the auto insurance company but told me it is pretty common for them to just deal with the injured person and leave it up to you to reimburse anyone else. It's still a very good idea to keep the medical insurance company in the loop.

I recently had my final doctor's appt and submitted the paperwork to the auto insurance company this week. We'll see how it goes with getting a settlement and closing things out with my medical insurance.

I hope your healing goes well and you feel better soon.
    2004 Colnago Chic - WTB Deva
    2008 Blue RC7 - WTB Deva
    2009 Colnago Master X-lite - WTB Deva

I meet wth the Ins adujster on Tuesday - if havn't done this before, it's like testifing in court- A lot of work and talk to an attorney first unlike moi
    I now have an attorney!
    his name is Gary Brustin(www.bicyclelawyer.com)
    he is the one who adverstises in the back of Bicycling Magazine, and he came to talk to our club last night
    He not only specializes in Bicycling accidents - but is member of the California and LA County bars (which is where the accident happen)
    He did say that we have it 90% by the ins admitting thier guilt. the main is to make sure they don't get too cheap.
    he works on a % of settlment
    He wants to see the bike tommorrow.

Good for you, glad you got an attorney. He will take care of you. BIke attorneys are the best!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
    He did say that we have it 90% by the ins admitting thier guilt. the main is to make sure they don't get too cheap.
    he works on a % of settlment
    He wants to see the bike tommorrow.
    Fredwina,
    Glad you have representation. Just make certain that there's enough $$ left from his fees to cover your costs - medical, bike repair, etc. I'm sure he'll have this tidbit covers. What's the use of him being paid, but not you?

And maybe not all personal injury lawyers are snakes in the grass. Not to cast any dispersions on reptiles.

As a cyclist, is he prepared for the horror of the evil damage done to your bike?
    Beth