Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

I would be struggling to remember our dinners last wk... --one evening I just had rice made from ricepot and did a scrambled eggwhite with onions, garlic, red pepper and basil. Geez, latter takes less than 10 min. You could do it sleep-walking.

Somewhere I heard that people don't tend to have such egg dishes for supper...well, it's a fast way and nutritious type of dish especially if it's scrambled with other fresh veggies.

This wk. dinner so far:
    Mon. --we went out to a restaurant on our cycle homeward. Had a paninni sandwich with proscuitto, cheese, red pepper spread, etc. Afterwards came home and munched on fresh fruit.

Tues.-leftover homemade smoked salmon pizza with dill and goat cheese. yes, I make this from scratch...about once every 1-2 months. Also had leftover dessert homemade focaccia of fresh grapes with spices, ginger root and honey. He made a tomato salad with vinegarette, etc.....on a whim. He felt like it. He does good different salads and makes up half of the salads in his head.

Wed. (tonight)-stir-fry with veggies and fresh chinese noodles from store. Noodles take 5 min. to reheat before stir-frying. He had leftover frozen veggie soup.

Cooking is not an awful thing for us...we don't have children living underneath our roof at this time. His are grown up and have their own places... hence, is it worth it for my partner and I to complain about lack of time (how about even about 40 min. or so) to chop and cook???

I guess we're pretty unstructured about cooking and buying groceries because it's just he and I...and we have an automatic dishwasher...which helps.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-29-2008 at 09:42 PM.

OK I am amazed at all the "eating in". I have my best intentions to plan a menu for a week...usually do good for maybe 1/2 the time.
    Weekends were are busy playing so some times we are good and plan a meal others eat out d/t out and about playing (biking, shopping, running, just stuff!)
    Now the last 2 weeks have been take out or eat out...seriously bad. It is nto that I don't like cooking. But during the week it is work all day, fit in workout, then who wants to cook? I just want food!
    I am usually good at packing my breakfast and lunch...but lately d/t lack of going to grocery store I have not even been packing that!
    Maybe this weekend I can get re-organized, go shopping and plan a menu! Not sure why I am out of it so bad right now. But even when I do plan...just takes one bad day at work or feeling over tired and I want the easy way out!
    By the way...just the 2 of us...could be quick and easy. But I do get tired of grill chicken and salad!
    katluvr