Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a new bike...suggestions??

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am new to cycling and i am buying a new bike next week. I am looking to buying a Giant OCR 1. Does anyone have any feedback on this bike? Any info would be great. I have been on a small test ride and it feels pretty good. I am so excited to get started. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks so much!

I've had a Giant OCR 3 for a year and it is my first road bike. It's been good for me to learn the basics and to know for sure if I really wanted to stick with cycling. But it's good that you are going for the OCR 1 since it will have better components and won't be as heavy. I'm having trouble getting up the hills and even going fast due to bike weight. My hubby decided I needed a new bike a few weeks ago and I finally made my decision last night. I'll be upgrading to the Giant TCR Composite 2 which I get to pick up today!! The OCR 1 will be a great beginner bike for you. Ride it for a year and then you can upgrade.

Love my OCR1

I just bought an OCR1. YEA! So far I love it. It is soooo different from my old ride and way cooler. The bike is light and still a little scary to ride because the handling is quick, very quick! Every time I ride I have to pick the bugs out of my teeth cause I'm grinning so much. I test rode many bikes and they were all uncomfortable and had about given up on getting a road bike. The OCR1 felt good the minute I got on. I still have a few issues with comfort but I think they have more to do with adjusting to a totally different riding position and being too fat than with the bike itself! I'm hoping both will be improving with miles in the saddle. My is silver with pink trim. What color did you order? bikerHen

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    Every time I ride I have to pick the bugs out of my teeth cause I'm grinning so much. bikerHen
    Don't pick the bugs out hun, they're added protein and should help to keep your nutrients levels up on your rides!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Protein is good

I can use the protein but . . . those bugs are just so scratchy going down!
    bikerHen

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    I just bought an OCR1. YEA! So far I love it. It is soooo different from my old ride and way cooler. The bike is light and still a little scary to ride because the handling is quick, very quick! Every time I ride I have to pick the bugs out of my teeth cause I'm grinning so much. I test rode many bikes and they were all uncomfortable and had about given up on getting a road bike. The OCR1 felt good the minute I got on. I still have a few issues with comfort but I think they have more to do with adjusting to a totally different riding position and being too fat than with the bike itself! I'm hoping both will be improving with miles in the saddle. My is silver with pink trim. What color did you order? bikerHen

Hey BikerHen- I also order the pink with silver. I was going to go for the royal blue bike, but I see blue bikes everywhere and i wanted to be different!! I test rode the OCR1 and i really liked it. I also test the specialized dolce, it was nice as well, but the OCR the better Shimano gears. I think I will be happy with the OCR1.

[QUOTE=CycleGiant3]Hey BikerHen- I also order the pink with silver. I was going to go for the royal blue bike, but I see blue bikes everywhere and i wanted to be different!!

Are we two peas in a pod! I said the same thing. " I see blue everywhere and I want to be different." I was a little worried about the pink, but it's just a nice accent. I just LOVE my bike. My mph has increased 2.5 miles. I can do 20mph on the flat and feel like I could go forever. The problem now is that my riding partner/daughter is slowing me down. She's hinting that she needs a new bike now too! It just burns her 20 year old butt that old mom is leaving her in the dust bikerHen

congrats on the new ride! I think you may NEED this... just got it for my bike too! And I added the matching Tmobile bar tape...

http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail....tem_no=2113941
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Pink maybe neat!

I've seen the seat, but just didn't put the two together. I have a Terry Butterfly seat on trial now, maybe I'll have to try the pink seat as well. And it is for a good cause I just have to think more pink. bikerHen

T Mobile Bar Tape???

I am intrigued! Where can you get TMobile Bar Tape? I am assuming it is pink...and I've got to have it!

Thanks!
    Danielle

Pink Pedals

I didn't know you could now get the road Eggbeaters's in the pro team colors,including pink.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...p?category=851
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Whoa - I might have to switch to eggbeaters so I can have the yellow ones for the Peugeot! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet link SK
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

[QUOTE=bikerHen]
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleGiant3
    Hey BikerHen- I also order the pink with silver. I was going to go for the royal blue bike, but I see blue bikes everywhere and i wanted to be different!!

Are we two peas in a pod! I said the same thing. " I see blue everywhere and I want to be different." I was a little worried about the pink, but it's just a nice accent. I just LOVE my bike. My mph has increased 2.5 miles. I can do 20mph on the flat and feel like I could go forever. The problem now is that my riding partner/daughter is slowing me down. She's hinting that she needs a new bike now too! It just burns her 20 year old butt that old mom is leaving her in the dust bikerHen

BikerHen-
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and the RR tracks. I am glad she is ok, aside from some scrapes and bruises. Maybe she had a deal with the tracks to get a new bike!!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I didn't know you could now get the road Eggbeaters's in the pro team colors,including pink.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...p?category=851
    Great, just when I retire my T-Mobile-schemed black with pink flames Cannondale, all this cool stuff comes out!

TE is still selling the hot pink tires too - I think they're gonna look just fine on my gray and celeste Bianchi...

Maybe it was a plot?!

Quote Originally Posted by CycleGiant3
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and the RR tracks. I am glad she is ok, aside from some scrapes and bruises. Maybe she had a deal with the tracks to get a new bike!!
    She had barely stop shaking when she said maybe it was time for a new bike! Maybe it was all a plot! If it wasn't for the fact that her fall screwed up several plans for the coming weekend . . . I wonder?

Let me know when you get your OCR 1 That first ride will be a blast! bikerHen