Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

For me the wind is a love hate relationship. Sometime I love the challenge and fun of it other times I just want off. More then once the wind has been strong enough it felt like it was trying to peel my hands of my bars or push me back up the hill. Another time there was a cross wind so bad I had to lean my bike over into the wind to go in a straight line, or not go into the ditch across the road. The whole time I was thinking I hope the wind doesn't let up right now or i'll fall over onto my side. Besides it gives me an excuse to only go 10-14mph, and even slower if that headwind is coming down a hill.

It has helped that one of my guy pals is always getting me to ride in all kinds of weather from, high winds to rain and snow.

I'm afraid the most endorphin-generating conditions for me, catapulting me into stratospheres of bliss... are 45 degree temps and 12-15 mph winds.

Happens a lot around here

Agree on the "windbreaker" clue. Clingy layers are MUCH better.
    Hands and feet are what can get cold - so cover them.

I also don't look at teh speedometer *at all.* I am going for *workout.* Heart rate eleveation, muscular development... which happens so much more efficiently when I have added drag. The wind is my "training drag" machine, so that I can get wickedly strong, so that when it's *not* windy ... oh, my, then I look at the speedo and GRIN!!!!