Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First Race Today

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am hooked! I did my first race today. It was snowing and windy when I left my house this morning, but the precip stopped by race time. The course was a lot less difficult than I thought it would be. One set of barriers early on. Another barrier before a run up. A lot of back and forth on some fields, a turn through the middle of the animal stalls at the fairgrounds, some more turns in mud and sand and gravel, and then a bit of pavement through a parking lot and back to the start.

They told us before we started that we would only be doing 2 laps. Somewhere in the middle of the second lap, I thought, "I'm glad I'm not doing this for 40 minutes!" I was definitely working hard.

I've never raced before, unless you count the Tour de Donut! This was more fun than I thought it would be. I definitely need to work on my technique, though. Considering I just taught myself a running dismount, I was pretty happy that I executed 3 of 4 very well. The one that wasn't so good, well, at least there was no one there to see it...

Alex

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Way to rock and roll (and dismount)!

I'm glad it wasn't as nasty today as the weather folks were predicting. I think you'll be really glad the race was today after you wake up tomorrow.

Thanks, Yellow!

You were right about today's weather!

Alex

I want to compete in my first cx event in dec. Did u have a cross bike? or modify a road or mountain bike? Im thinking of just modifying my road bike

I do have a cross bike. I've done three races now and I've seen several people racing on mountain bikes. I thought about trying to convert an old bike before I bought my Kona, but it just got too complicated and I needed a bike that I could ride on the roads in the winter anyway. Cross has done great things for my upper body strength!

Alex