Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Update on abandoned cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Chloe's vet agreed to check out Hunter for me and we've worked out a payment agreement (good thing; the total was more than what I usually pay for her. They even provided the pet carrier for me to bring him in.)

They treated the cut under his leg (don't know if it was an animal attack or if he got caught on something metal), tested for feline leukemia and feline HIV (both tests negative). Major flea problem. He was given an oral flea medication and I was given Frontline to start him on. He also has Bartonella which they diagnosed from the inflamation of his gums (has a red line running along the tops of his teeth) and I have an antibotic for that. Got a distemper and rabies vaccination.

He handled being in the carrier ok. The ride in the car? Not so well. I've never heard him vocalize before and the most mournful sounds were coming from the back seat. In cat language he was either begging me "no" or threatening my life.

Haven't heard from my landlord yet (he's on vacation) but because of the medication issue I'm keeping the cat in the house (I want to know where he is when it's time to take 'em). So far, he seems pretty content.

Thank you for taking care of the fur friend and looking into it's health needs. My kitties always had problems with the car and would give mournful cries. I would keep them in the front passenger seat so that I could talk to them as I drove. I hope your new fur friend has you as a care taker. You seem to be so kind...

You are so kind to have taken in that poor kitty with so many health needs. We need more people like you in this world. You made my day.
    My kitty's also yowl so loud in the carrier when I have to take them in for their shots. They make sounds I have never heard before. Keep us informed on Hunters new happy life.

Hunter is such a lucky kitty. Thank you so much for taking him in. I hope all his owies get better soon. And I really hope he beats the Bartonella infection - my little Erin suffered from bouts of it most of her life.

I've been trying to entice a stray kitty to join the family. A mostly black with some gray that I've named Midnight. I've been feeding her (?) on my front porch for a couple of weeks now. She isn't entirely afraid of people, but a bit leary. She is out across the street in the mornings, and comes trotting when I shake her food dish to indicate that it's full, but stops at the driveway until I back off. I NEED another cat like I need a hole in the head...
    Beth