Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Toronto-Niagara done!

To disable ads, please log-in.

We finally got it done! The club that I run managed to drag along eight people (including me) to Niagara on Saturday by bike, then rode around the Niagara-on-the-Lake area on Sunday and train-ed it back. All-in-all a great trip, despite just about every possible technical failure (ie. rack on my friend's bike falling off during a super intense paceline while we were rushing since we took too much time in a winery and had to catch everyone). It was a really great learning experience for me and the two people I run the tours with since it was the first one of the year, besides the fact that no one in their right mind can turn down two straight days on a bike!

how fun! Were the colors amazing? Was it cold? Did you camp or stay in a hotel? Wineries on bikes (I have decided) are about perfect

It was beautiful! Some of the leaves were changing but it was still mostly green, but nice all the same. It was cloudy but since we were by the water for the entire trip it was still nice. We stayed in a hotel since it seems my club has attracted mostly older cyclists (and by that I mean mid-twenties to early thirties) who are willing to shell out the money for rooms. We slept six in one room though, so it was ok. The wineries were definitely nice. While one of my friends had to fix a bunch of problems with her wheel/tire we ducked into one winery for about an hour. Good way to wait it out.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Sounds like GREAT fun! I shouldn't ask, but do you have any pictures? That area is so beautiful, so any chance I get to see bikes in that environment makes me smile.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by applegum View Post
    it seems my club has attracted mostly older cyclists (and by that I mean mid-twenties to early thirties)
    Ha! This is the funniest thing I've read in ages!

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Ha! This is the funniest thing I've read in ages!
    Yeah, I thought most of the people on this board would get a kick out of that. I'm unused to riding with people in that age group though! All the people I ride with at home are 40 or older, and all the people I usually ride with here are between 18 and 22.

And I do have pictures! Well sort of. I'll probably get around to posting them sometime soon.

Ooh this is so cool. It sounds like you had fun! I'd love to do that ride since I live around that area. There is a ride to conquer cancer that does a Niagara/Toronto route. I'll have to wrangle someone into doing it with me.

Please do post pics if you get a chance. I'm kinda missing Ontario and I'd love to see some of the scenery!
    "Live, more than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now! Giggle. Know. Laugh. And bark the the moon like the wild dog that you are!" - Jon Blais