Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Massage balls, anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought a pair of hedgehog-ey, floppy massage balls after we used some (those had no spikes but were just as floppy) in Yoga class.

I've figured out how to massage lower and mid back, butt, lateral thighs, calves.

Would love to use them for hamystrings and shin musles but that's more difficult.

Anyone use those?
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Not sure what type of balls you are using, but I do at-home Yamuna Body Rolling with success:

http://www.yamunabodyrolling.com/?Page=YBR

Using something like this:

All I can say is wow, I must have cables in places, such as my butt, the size of the ones of the golden gate bridge.

I have very high hopes for this. It hurts, but in such a good way.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

yep

I have a few of those & they work wonders...ahhhhhh

I use this with good luck from thestick.com

Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

I once used something that was like a stick, but with knobby rollers. It felt wonderful.

Edit...
    I can't be the only one that snickered when they read the title of this
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Andrea- I will say you are not the only snickering one. I am actually surprised this thread lasted so long before anyone said it.

I use none of these but I am interested in them. I have used the stick one but do not own one currently.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I've got some dog toys that look like that; have to give them a try.

What works for cheap-o me in place of the stick is wrapping a dishtowel around a rolling pin and securing it with rubber bands. Works great.

Ya know, I think I'm slipping I didn't giggle at the title until I read the thread. I must need more sleep or something.

Back to the actual topic, I use two tennis balls taped together, got that idea from someone on here actually while searching for foam roller stuff. I don't know how the different that is from the massage balls. They look interesting, especially the knobbies.
    "Live, more than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now! Giggle. Know. Laugh. And bark the the moon like the wild dog that you are!" - Jon Blais