Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Festi-VELO

Festi-VELO

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone done this? It looks like such a blast, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about it!

http://www.FestiVELO.org/
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

I'm a little late but...I used to live in the area. I never went, but the rumor was it was quite fun!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

We're signed up to go (first time also) & are looking forward to the new rides & great food, esp chocolate obsession garden : )

I am jealous! I would love to do it!

Kacie
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

My husband and I are considering it thanks to this thread.
    I need to see if there is room for our Airstream at Short Stay.
    Then there is always the issue of how our calendar lines up with our boys'.

Last time we biked in downtown Charleston we had the boys on the backs of our bikes. We covered every nook a cranny of the historic district, plus a few not so historic areas. A lot has changed since then. Traffic is heavier and both boys are now over 6' tall.

My husband and I have done this ride for the last 3 years. Not doing it this year because we have a January commitment and simply couldn't afford both.

The ride(s) this year are in the same place as last year and there are some good routes. Previous years had us in the middle of some seriously heavy traffic that was downright frightening at times. It is much better now that they moved it.

We opted out of the meal package last year because there are so many great places to eat in and around Charleston. The previous year's meals were ok. We see the same caterer (sp) at a lot of these rides, so he must be doing something right.

Cool shirts, great commerative ornaments, well organized and marked routes, rest stops well stocked, friendly staff, etc. I would definately recommend it! Oh, and make sure to do the short tour of Charleston's historic district on the last day. It is well worth your time.

2009 FestiVelo was great

We enjoyed the Festivelo - the Fox family & volunteers worked so hard. Rain & cold some of the time dampened some activities but still fun. Roads are so flat there that I did my first century & was fine. Mepkin Abbey is a must see as well as town of McClellanville. SAGs & historic churches were great.