Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone on WW??

anyone on WW??

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just joined weight watchers on line a week ago and I really like it.

I keep wishing some TE sisters are on this; the ww lists are a little snarky...

so...anyone here on it?
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

A little snarky? General is like a viper pit! I'm a member, but I haven't been following it too closely these days. Maybe I will start up again next week...

On and off. Off lately. The cycling group on Fitness challenge or whatever it's called these days is ok. I've actually met a number of the folks from there.

I should really start up again.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I joined 10 months ago, and have lost a bit over 30 pounds. I attend meetings, but also use the online tools.

The boards over there are terrible, except for the 50+ (which I don't really spend any time on) and the vegetarian board. It's much like TE.

I am on it, online. I don't go to their boards, too much OCD and know-it-alls. It seems like a lot of people on there just want to attack people not using the plan the way they think is right. I definitely don't follow it to a T but I am doing okay. It is helping me be more aware of what I am eating and try to cook more.

I lost 40 lbs several years ago but moved and got less focused on cooking and living right. I am not trying to lose it again, about 10 lbs down, 25-30 to go depending on where I feel my goal weight is. I struggle to log on weekends, which reminds me I need to log now. What I found last time is my body does not feel good to me at those arbitrary height goals. I got thin and lean at 123 but felt I couldn't enjoy anything to maintain it. A year later my mom told me I looked sickly thin at that weight and she is obsessed with getting thin again! I am happier at 130-135 which is at the very top of the recommended weight for my age and height. Rubbish.
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 09-28-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

glad to hear my intuition was "on" after 3 messages...holy cow! although i did get some valuable info if i disregard the tone.

just started. maybe i'll keep this going and bump it..sending a call out...if i have a question you all can help me answer!

cycling is great for activity points...although an hour at an avg of 14mph should be worth more than 4...

Aggie...a +1 for listening to your body
    DivingB......I'm impressed!!!

I am also on weight watchers, have been for almost 11 months. I have lost almost 50 lbs (40 lbs to go) and my husband, who was also doing WW with me, has lost over 60! I had a tough time in the middle, and was stuck at the same weight for about 3 of those months until I really kicked up the exercise.

I also do the online version, but don't visit the message boards anymore. I used to, but never really liked them much.

alot of ppl seem to hit a plateau....but I've seen more people lose more weight and keep it off on WW than on anything else.
    I have to lose 50lbs...3 down...47 to go!!

I lost about 10 over the summer on WW at Work program. I have been plateauing the last 2 months with increased exercise

try cutting back the carbs?

Cutting back on the carbs is going to be my next trick. We will see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I I got thin and lean at 123 but felt I couldn't enjoy anything to maintain it. A year later my mom told me I looked sickly thin at that weight and she is obsessed with getting thin again! I am happier at 130-135 which is at the very top of the recommended weight for my age and height. Rubbish.

It looks like they just use the BMI tables, which do not work for everyone. I'm 64.75 inches tall and weigh 149. That puts me at the top of their chart. But I have 22% body fat. If I kept my lean body mass the same to get their recommendation, I'd have like 15% body fat. I don't think that would be attractive.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    It looks like they just use the BMI tables, which do not work for everyone. I'm 64.75 inches tall and weigh 149. That puts me at the top of their chart. But I have 22% body fat. If I kept my lean body mass the same to get their recommendation, I'd have like 15% body fat. I don't think that would be attractive.

Veronica
    Yup, I think they try to make logic out of a chart. BMI doesn't work for many people I know and a lot of them are at an "ideal" weight but so sedentary they aren't as healthy as I am.

My husband says it is because they don't take in account how much weight I carry in my chest. I lost 40 lbs and barely went down a cup size. Probably right I read once each boob is like 8 lbs. That is my excuse, 16 lbs off and I would be way close to their "ideals".
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I know this is a thread about WW.
    Yes, 4 (or 5) years ago did WW (on line--no bullentin boards) and started biking and lost 25 pounds. Have struggled w/ getting the last 10 or so off. Up and down and have not been able to REALLY get back on and stick w/ WW.
    I know when I did it the first time I HARDLY ever added in my biking or activity points. Only day we splurged or ate out was after a really long bike ride. But was fairly if not really strict. Just can't get back to that place. I wish I could.
    But the reason I am posting is this quote: Probably right I read once each boob is like 8 lbs.
    Ok, yes, I lost weight in my chest....I am like an A now....(if that!).
    Even so....I never have carried NEAR 8 pounds per boob! Even if I lost the rest of my "boobs" it would maybe be 2 pounds---total---if I am lucky!
    You just made me LOL!
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    But the reason I am posting is this quote: Probably right I read once each boob is like 8 lbs.
    Ok, yes, I lost weight in my chest....I am like an A now....(if that!).
    Even so....I never have carried NEAR 8 pounds per boob! Even if I lost the rest of my "boobs" it would maybe be 2 pounds---total---if I am lucky!
    You just made me LOL!
    Haha well glad to make you laugh. Sometimes they are a curse, I was a size 4 at my thinnest and a 34D (barely close to DD), no shirts would fit them and not be huge for my waist. Only really mattered with business casual type stuff but really there is a down side to everything.

Sure my best friend who is barely an A told me to STFU but seriously, 8 lbs is probably right for me (or maybe that article said both, total) and I will use that as my excuse to never hit 113-127 for my ideal weight. I just want a reason to give those weight charts the bird!
    Amanda