Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: anyone on WW??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Susan,
    18 points is exactly where I always am. At 4'10" and in the 120's. (And yes, I still need/could lose soem weight).
    About 5 years ago when I did WW first time I lost from about 140 down to where I am. I started cycling then too. But I never reached goal. (no, 120 is not thin!). I have tried over and over to get back on WW--and sustain running/biking. But can't. True...I LOVE to eat and eat out and drink adn partly it is discipline. But 18 points is almost impossible for me to do and that is why I can't seem to stay there. When I did WW the first time...I really "added" activity points EXCEPT weekends with long biking days.
    I have yet to find the answer. But I know that 18 points does not work for me...I can't seem to stay there and feel satisfied nor have teh energy to do what I need to do. I usually found about 23 points worked...I felt "ok" at about this level. So maybe that is waht I need to try. Not low like it says, but at a reasonable level.
    K
    katluvr

It's day 3... and I'm hungry.... does it just take some getting used to?
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply messing about on bicycles. -Tom Kunich

I think it takes some work to find the combination of things that works for you. You can add lots of veggies to your meals to bulk them up and there's nothing wrong with using the extra points.

Polly -

I've found that there are several way to make sure you aren't hungry.

1) East lots of "high volume low point foods. In practice, this often means alot of fruit & veggies. 1 cup of broccoli - 0 points! 1 cups of brussels sporouts - 0 points! 1 cup of red peppers - 0 points! At dinner time, my plate is 2/3 full of foods like this. 1 1/2 cups of strawberries - 1 point! A small sweet potato - 1.5 points!

2) Choose high-fiber foods. The higher the fiber, the lower the points. A cup of whole wheat pasta has more points than white, so fewer points. Bread is the same way. 2 slices of Oroweat Light Whole Wheat are only 1 point. Lots of fiber. I also eat whole grain hot cereals for breakfast - you get a big bowl for 2-3 points.

3) Over time, you will figure out which high volume, low point foods you like best. You'll also learn that if you "waste" points on high fat, low volume foods, that you'll quickly find yourself at the end of the day hungry, and out of points.

4) Eat ALL your daily points. ALL of them. Your base points are really your minimum. If you still find yourself hungry at day end, eat some of the 35 extras.

5) I ALWAYS eat all my activity points on the day I earn them. Food is NOT evil. It's fuel. We can not exercise without properly fueling our bodies. The way the AP formulas work, is that you get about 1/2 the calories you actually burn in AP points. That is, if you burn 600 calories in a workout, you'll end up with about 6 APs, which is roughly 300 calories. SO eat all your APs, propoerly fuel your workouts, and you WILL still lose weight.

Hang in there.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

wonderful

Susan-

You have truely been so wonderful. I am figureing this all out... and I guess it takes practice and some trial and error. I get 23 daily points. I have 8 weekly points left (weigh ins are monday) what happens if I go over my points? does that mean that it's just a bad week?

This first week has been so eye opening of everything.... I think that WW is going to be a good thing for me... patience is just needed i guess...
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply messing about on bicycles. -Tom Kunich