Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just have to rant for a minute!

To disable ads, please log-in.

There is one thing I just can't stand about news. With all the important issues out there, with all the serious topic's that should be addressed why oh why do they focus on things like Clay Aiken's is gay? I really don't care if he is gay. I mean really good for him I guess. But why is that a topic of news. They need to stop doing that. Let the tabloids focus on those stories. Sorry just had to spit that out!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I don't give one hooey about celebrities and their lavish lifestyles. And in our culture, this stuff IS the news.

I remember when I quit subscribing to our local newspaper a few years ago - it had become like the National Enquirer. Then cable TV was the next to go - we refused to pay for nasty informercials and awful sitcoms. The only stations I got any enjoyment out of were Animal Planet and H&G. We set up rabbit ears and watch reruns of CSI and Without a Trace. And we rent/own numerous DVDs of movies, etc. If we need hurricane updates, we have the three local news channels coming in clear. I also have access to NOAA on the internet for weather, etc. My co-workers look at me like I sprouted a second head when I tell them why we don’t have cable tv, but we do not miss it. We were horrified when we added up the available hours of our day and realized that not only was the news tensing us up, but using up a good chunk of our life. We now have more free time to devote to our interests, especially cycling. And I can handle stress a lot better with a nice long bike ride under my belt before I go to work. Sorry my two cents worth turned into four cents worth, but I agree with the OP on the news rant. There are far more serious issues in the world than whether some celeb is gay or not.
    “No Bird Soars Too High If He Soars With His Own Wings” ~ William Blake

Until the "announcement" that someone is gay becomes a non-issue, the media will continue to dish it up. They wouldn't bother with it if it didn't make them money.

I agree! I could not believe that in 2008 we still have headlines when someone "comes out of the closet"! Get a grip! Besides, didn't everyone know it anyway?
    And what does it matter? Is he a better or worse singer than before?
    Headline news my ______ (fill in the blank)!
    katluvr

Clay Aiken is gay!?!?!?!?! I'm shocked, just shocked I tell you......

I agree, this should be a non-issue.

Funny, I was just ranting about this at work. I was looking at CNN and across the front page - according to the most read articles: Hot Topics » U.S. Economy • Iran • N. Korea • Presidential Debates • Lindsay Lohan

Okay - I see the first 4 as being hot topics - but Lindsay Lohan talking about her girlfriend (guess Clay isn't the only one who's gay and is outing himself today)? I mean come on people - how does THAT rank with the other four? Seriously... We really need to get a grip here!
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

I am glad I am not the only one.Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    I agree! I could not believe that in 2008 we still have headlines when someone "comes out of the closet"! Get a grip! Besides, didn't everyone know it anyway?
    And what does it matter? Is he a better or worse singer than before?
    Headline news my ______ (fill in the blank)!
    Yea i don't know to many people who didn't think he was gay anyway.

My husband and I laughed in the car at the radio spitting out that "breaking news". I try to be open minded because I have known some people that seemed to be the stereotypical gay man/woman and weren't. Have known some gay men/women who are far from the stereotype. But really, who didn't suspect that with him and why is it big time news. I could understand the radio, this is a shock jock type show on the alternative station but it was high up on the local paper site and MSNBC.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Clay Aiken is gay!?!?!?!?! I'm shocked, just shocked I tell you......

I agree, this should be a non-issue.
    Hmmm...who's Clay Aiken????

I guess I'll look him up on wiki...

Edited to add: I've been to wiki...I still don't know who he is...glad that was breaking news, i wouldn't have wanted to miss that...
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 09-24-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    Funny, I was just ranting about this at work. I was looking at CNN and across the front page - according to the most read articles: Hot Topics » U.S. Economy • Iran • N. Korea • Presidential Debates • Lindsay Lohan

Okay - I see the first 4 as being hot topics - but Lindsay Lohan talking about her girlfriend (guess Clay isn't the only one who's gay and is outing himself today)? I mean come on people - how does THAT rank with the other four? Seriously... We really need to get a grip here!
    I have no idea who Linday Lohan is..some how my life has still gone on. I agree with the above posts. I worked with some people whose lives revoloved around what was going on in a "celebrities" life.

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    I agree! I could not believe that in 2008 we still have headlines when someone "comes out of the closet"!
    Bonnie Cat came out of the closet yesterday. She was also quite put out that I closed her in there too.

Count me in as another person who doesn't give a fig about the personal lives of celebrities.
    Besides figs leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Beth

Speaking as a lesbian who feels that being out and open is important on general principles -

I would much prefer Mr Aiken go back IN the closet.

(and can he take the Spears' and the Paris Hilton's of the world with him when he goes? I'm kinda done with them, too)

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know who Clay Aiken is. I hear names, but have no idea what they do. Like someone said earlier, somehow I've managed to live without them.