Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Saddle more t-shaped than the specialized Jett??

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have been riding on the Jett though it feels best when climbing. I still feel that a more t-shaped saddle would be better. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Specialized Ruby. Specialized Toupe. Selle SMP Glamour Aspide. Selle Italia Turbomatic. Brooks B-17 Standard. Brooks B-17 Short. Brooks B-68. Possibly Fizik Donna...can't remember the name, but there is a recent thread dedicated to it.

Jett is pretty T-shaped though. What exactly is the issue?

Chafing at the back of my leg (crease) by the edge of the saddle, worse on the right. This was really bad with the SI lady gel flow. Sit bones are approx 130. I also have quite a bit of trouble trying to get the right position on the Jett, will try to move the saddle back a bit tomorrow.

Are you on a 155 mm Jett? If it is more narrow than you need, you may end up inadvertently sitting farther back to find the widest part of the saddle.

You've had a good bike fitting?

Are you ending up too far back, so have to pull forward to correct frequently?

Do you think a longer stem could help? (I had the opposite problem at one time, ended up too far forward, and had to push back to correct. Shorter stem fixed that).

Does sould like a T-shaped issue, but Specialized saddles are certainly T-shaped. Hmmm. I do know someone on here went from a Jett to a Turbomatic, and they specifically said it was more T-shaped. Probably also helped that it was more firm.
    I have the 155 older version of the Jett I believe. Thanks for the feedback.

someone on here went from a Jett to a Turbomatic, and they specifically said it was more T-shaped. Probably also helped that it was more firm.
    That would be me, and you remembered my comparison exactly. Still happy with the Turbomatic Gel Flow. They've also brought back a non-gel version without a cut-out, with metal rails, which is probably less expensive than the carbon rail versions.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    That would be me, and you remembered my comparison exactly. Still happy with the Turbomatic Gel Flow. They've also brought back a non-gel version without a cut-out, with metal rails, which is probably less expensive than the carbon rail versions.
    So you bought the cut out version? Any problems? I am think of moving from the Jett to the Turbomatic Gel Flow.

No problems at all in terms of fit. I love it. Besides being more T-shaped, the cut-out fits me better than the Jett's. The carbon rails make me nervous though (not to mention I'm sure they add to the price of the saddle) - but I see on SI's website that this year's model Gel Flow has metal rails. You give up 40 grams ... which is half the weight of the sweat that lodges in my bra.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    No problems at all in terms of fit. I love it. Besides being more T-shaped, the cut-out fits me better than the Jett's. The carbon rails make me nervous though (not to mention I'm sure they add to the price of the saddle) - but I see on SI's website that this year's model Gel Flow has metal rails. You give up 40 grams ... which is half the weight of the sweat that lodges in my bra.
    Awesome! I am going to track one down.

Have you ever tried a narrower Saddle? After measuring my sit bones, I used the Specialized Ruby 155 for the last year and a half, but still had some chafing issues. I testrode the Specialized Jett 143 for the last 2 weeks, and despite my measurements are suggesting something different, it's wide enough and does not chafe like the Ruby.