Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw nips!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yikes, it hurts to just read this thread title!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got kudos in OCS because my nipples started bleeding through my PT shirt during a PT test. They said if I was trying so hard that I made my nipples bleed, I must have been trying really hard.

But I had to do pushups because I didn't push myself hard enough to puke.

You just never know what will make you a target at 4 a.m. surrounded by crazy army officers.
    re-cur-sion ri'-ker-shen n: see recursion

My DH has this happento him when running long distances- the shirt material makes a huge difference ( until then he wasn't sure that tech material made a difference) and he uses a product called "Nip guards" he buys them at the running store
    The cure for anything is salt water;
    sweat, tears or the sea

Isak Dinesen

Bag Balm, which is what is used for cow's udders.

Pasteys!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Pasteys!
    tsk, tsk!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Really...???

If the guy has a fairly hairy chest and cycling jerseys aren't super tight across his chest, does it reduce the possibility of stinging nips?

Honest I've never heard of this problem...from guys.

OMG, I am cracking up!!!

Last year when I was getting ready for my first metric century, my guy friend told me to put bandaids over my nipples. I was like, "what?!?!?!" and he said if I didn't do anything else, just make sure I did the bandaids. Well, I did not take his advice and I had no problems. When he asked me about it later, I told him he needed to get a sports bra. Next I'm going to tell him to cut holes in his jersey! AHH HAHHH HAHHHH!!!!!

I would tell you all the details about another thing he told me, but it's too graphic and it only applies to a specifically male body part. Let's just say he tried something bandaid-like to prevent chafing and didn't think about the fact that he'd have to peel the adhesive off later.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Really...???

Honest I've never heard of this problem...from guys.

Oh, it's real...watch guys at a marathon.

Brandi, I've not had the problem and the thought of me in pasteys is not appealling

But as I ponder this, is it possible that it's simply a fabric issue? Is he wearing cotton wet from sweating or is he trying new tech fabric?

This is a different version of Mr. SR500's solution...and preferable to pasteys
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    Maybe a bra?
    Remember "The Bro" from Seinfeld?

there is a company called enell which makes great sports bras and they actually make "male support vests".

Quote Originally Posted by RolliePollie View Post
    OMG, I am cracking up!!!

Last year when I was getting ready for my first metric century, my guy friend told me to put bandaids over my nipples. I was like, "what?!?!?!" and he said if I didn't do anything else, just make sure I did the bandaids. Well, I did not take his advice and I had no problems. When he asked me about it later, I told him he needed to get a sports bra. Next I'm going to tell him to cut holes in his jersey! AHH HAHHH HAHHHH!!!!!

I would tell you all the details about another thing he told me, but it's too graphic and it only applies to a specifically male body part. Let's just say he tried something bandaid-like to prevent chafing and didn't think about the fact that he'd have to peel the adhesive off later.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ouchy!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Oh, it's real...watch guys at a marathon.

Brandi, I've not had the problem and the thought of me in pasteys is not appealling

But as I ponder this, is it possible that it's simply a fabric issue? Is he wearing cotton wet from sweating or is he trying new tech fabric?

This is a different version of Mr. SR500's solution...and preferable to pasteys
    I should have mentioned that all his shirts are cool max and don't fit tight. He has never had this problem before this.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

My husband got home from commuting yesterday and was complaining of slightly raw nips. He was wearing a mountain bike jersey and it wasn't hot but the humidity is picking up. He never has this problem road riding or mountain biking because he wears bibs. When he commutes he wears baggies because the guys at the nursery (plants not babies) would never let him hear the end of it if he wore "tights".

I know a lot of marathoners wear nipple coverage. Most of my sport bras are super technical fabrics, never had any issues. Come to think of it I don't have problems with the more cottony style (although they are still moisture wicking they don't do the job as well) bras. I won't buy a sports bra that doesn't compress like crazy so maybe that is why? Men need bras, simple as that.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I wonder if a base layer like a microweight wool tank would keep him from having that problem.