Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry. Busted spoke on the rear wheel.
    I hope folks can make the 28th...same bat-time, same bat-location.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Just as well.
    I need more time to configure my load.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Are we on for Sunday the 28th?

What time?
    I have a friend who's racing the Ed Sanders 'cross race at Lilypons on Sunday and I'd love to see her race (IF she goes - she admits to lacking the "killer instinct" needed for a successful racing career - her group goes off at 1:30). No idea if it's do-able to do an early a.m. ride on Sunday and still make it up to the race for 1:30.

Oh, man! I missed that race last year, I'm going this year so no training ride.
    I'll do mine Thursday.

Let's go to Lilypons!

Look at these kids digging into The Suitcase of Courage
    Last edited by Zen; 09-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Oh, man! I missed that race last year, I'm going this year so no training ride.
    Really? Neither of you wants to ride on Sunday?

OK, I guess I'll do my training ride on my own. I've got no interest in watching other people ride, and I don't think I can do it the next weekend because I'm getting my new dog and don't want to be gone all day (which is why I'm going to do the 20 mile ride at Tour du Port on Sunday Oct 5). And the following weekend is cutting it close if any load adjustments need to be made.

It's looking like a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, so the kayaking lesson may be a washout, anyway, and the trail may be wet on Sunday. I think it's a weekend to play it by ear.
    Last edited by divingbiker; 09-24-2008 at 02:00 AM.

No, I do want to ride!
    (I was just wondering if we'd be done early enough to get to Lilypons for 1:30).

If you're riding around White's Ferry, it's a pretty quick drive from there to Lilypons. I'd like to see some of the early races on Sunday. When I was at the Ed Sanders race 2 years ago, watching the scrappy dudes in the 55+ Masters category was inspirational. Those guys are tough. So I may try to show up for the 10am start time. Zen, what time are you going?

I'm going to pass on riding again, though, as I need to be up at the PetSmart in Frederick at noon to adopt a kitten I saw there last Sunday.

Janice, if the folks you're taking your 'yak lesson from are anything like the folks I took classes with, only thunder and lightning will make 'em cancel. When it threatened rain on the days of a couple of our classes, the instructor would say "This is a water sport, after all!"
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Oh...meant to also say...
    You're getting another dog, DB! Wow! That's great (but I thought you were going to be a one-dog house for a while??)! Can't wait to see pix.
    And good for you, KD, for adopting another cat. I'm glad to see that.

RE: Sunday...I figure, even if the trails are wet...we're doing our ride regardless, right? So, we should probably train regardless, too.

And, yeah...KD...re: raining on a kayak lesson....what can happen? You get wet??

Can we be at White's Ferry to ride at 9?

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Oh...meant to also say...
    You're getting another dog, DB! Wow! That's great (but I thought you were going to be a one-dog house for a while??)! Can't wait to see pix.
    And good for you, KD, for adopting another cat. I'm glad to see that.

RE: Sunday...I figure, even if the trails are wet...we're doing our ride regardless, right? So, we should probably train regardless, too.

And, yeah...KD...re: raining on a kayak lesson....what can happen? You get wet??

I think 9am on Sunday would be fine, if that gives you enough time to get to the race. I assume we'll drive up separately so you can go directly there (no idea where Lilypons is.)

Re the dog, it's too quiet with just one. I found AJ at the cocker rescue, and he seems like he'll fit in fine. He came over Sunday and the two of them got along fine (even though he was pretty distracted sniffing the whole house.) He's nine and has thyroid and high blood pressure issues, but seems to be pretty spunky.

Yay KD on getting the new kitty!

NINE!
    Maybe, but someone will have to pour coffee over my head.
    I'll figure this all out later, I have to get to PT.

So are we on for 9am tomorrow at White's Ferry? And we're driving separately, Regina, so you can go to the cyclocross race?

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    So are we on for 9am tomorrow at White's Ferry? And we're driving separately, Regina, so you can go to the cyclocross race?
    Yes. 9 a.m. TO RIDE - White's Ferry.
    I wish we could drive together. There is a CHANCE Kathy won't race tomorrow (40% chance of rain through much of the a.m., and she's not such a gung-ho racer as to race regardless of the weather or conditions). If she raced...it'd be fun to watch. Lilipons is about a half hour north of where we'll be. If she didn't race...we'd just go back home after our ride.

Yes. 9 a.m. TO RIDE - White's Ferry.
    I wish we could drive together. There is a CHANCE Kathy won't race tomorrow (40% chance of rain through much of the a.m., and she's not such a gung-ho racer as to race regardless of the weather or conditions). If she raced...it'd be fun to watch. Lilipons is about a half hour north of where we'll be. If she didn't race...we'd just go back home after our ride.
    After my long day kayaking and failing to rescue myself today, I don't think I'm up for extra driving or waiting around for the races.

So I'll just drive myself, if I can figure out how to get there.

So you're saying we should be ready to ride at 9am, not just get there at 9am, right?

After my long day kayaking and failing to rescue myself today, I don't think I'm up for extra driving or waiting around for the races.

So you're saying we should be ready to ride at 9am, not just get there at 9am, right?

Yes...riding at 9 is my plan. I hope to leave the house at 7:30. I figure with wet trails and possible rain, it's going to be slow going. Call my cell at 7 - maybe Kathy will have pulled the plug completely by then, and we can carpool.

so tell us about the kayak lesson? Where was it? Was it with Atlantic Kayak? What did they cover? At least you survived. Hope the water wasn't too cold.