Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hit and Run in Minneapolis

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got an email from the city of Minneapolis. The city has a lot of people's email addresses b/c of the snow removal system and it seems they're putting them to good use today. They are looking for a hit and run driver who killed a man yesterday morning. The driver of a tan vehicle hit the man on his bike who was heading to work at a local country club. The cyclist had cerebral palsy. The city has no idea who the driver was, all they know is that it was a tan vehicle that they believe may have sustained right front damage.

This accident happened within a few miles from my house. I'll be on the lookout for tan cars with impact marks on the right front for next week.

I'm in shock. I can't believe someone would just run down a handicapped man and leave him to die.

I hope they find that idiot. I would not be able to hit a squirrel without stopping (although fortunately I haven't hit one of those either). It's appalling that people are more worried about getting in trouble than about someone else's life.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Hey there Flur... any update on this yet?

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Nope. It doesn't look like they've found the guy, or at least the news isn't reporting it. I did find this article that gives a bit more info:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...24354&catid=14

It just makes me angry all over again!

The link is broken... do you have a live link?